Looking for clarity

Last Updated:

1. sprtsfanmm

sprtsfanmm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I want to go to RubiX with black juice from ZapX. DO i need to restore the backup from before i went to Zapx or will wiping cach/data be enough? I am like Zapx but want to move to something alittle more stable and I like what I am reading about RubiX.

Thanks for your help

Advertisement
  2. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

First off always follow the directions on the suggested Rom you want to install..

I usually make a clean backup just after the point of root and bootstrap and clockwork install that way I restore that clean backup and flash from there and personally I still wipe data and cache if called for....or you can sbf and install that way ....either way Roms like Rubix and fission can be very temperamental and require to the t following of instructions

3. Btros

Btros Well-Known Member

^^^ I agree with that, just go back to the first backup you made right after root (if you have one) and install from there. It's only going to take a few extra minutes and could save you a lot of trouble.

4. Justintoxicated

Justintoxicated Well-Known Member

I always wipe data / cache when changing roms. Just make sure you backup first with titantium backup, and use The Androide System to restore all your apps after logging in for the first time, then use titanium backup to restore data as needed.

5. Btros

Btros Well-Known Member

Every time I flash a rom or wipe data, when I go to reinstall all my apps, it asks for permission to reinstall each app. The list is there, but I have to manually press OK for each app. What step am I missing?

6. sprtsfanmm

sprtsfanmm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can answer this one. If you do not want to ok every app, you need to have the premium version of TiBu. I learned about this the hard way after bricking my phone