Looking for drivers for Windows 8 ... anyone?General

Last Updated: 2012-05-14 01:23:48
  1. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I can't find any drivers that support Windows 8 64-bit. Not totally surprising, but I thought I'd see if anyone else found them. I'd appreciate a link. I have other Win7 laptops that I can use, but really like my newest laptop that I've installed Win8 on.

Thanks. :)

Advertisement
  2. jeremydschram

jeremydschram New Member

Create an account on the motorola developer site and download the drivers from there or you could wait a month and they will be on the regular motorola site when the windows 8 beta is released.
  3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

4. txpsycho

txpsycho New Member

The Motorola USB Driver v5.7.0 for Windows (64-bit) still throws an error os not recognized when attempting toinstall on Win8 dev preview or beta. however what i did was use uniextractor on the msi to extract all the files. then dig down to the motorolla shared folder & drivers folder there in... plug in you droid and go find it in device manager.... find the adb device or unknown device and update driver pointing it to the drivers folder you extracted... wham bam thank you ma'am... im running it with no problem on Win8 developer previewx64 ad.exe devices shows my device id and all adb functionality is working.