1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for feedback on diabetes application

Last Updated:

1. GeraldNunn

GeraldNunn Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I have been working on a diabetes management application in my spare time and I am looking for a few people who would be interested in such an application to provide some feedback on my early efforts. This will be a free application, I think us diabetics get screwed enough as it is when it comes to the cost of medical care.

At this point the application allows you to enter glucose level (mmo/l or mg/dl), exercise, medication and food entries. Each entry can be categorized by a main type (typically breakfest, lunch, after lunch, etc) and a sub type (for example humalin or humalog for medication). Both the main type and sub type are customizable and new ones can be added.

As for reports, I have a simple report that shows your glucose averages for today, last week, last thirty days, last ninety days as well as an estimated h1AC. I am also finishing a couple of graphs that will show your glucose entries and daily averages over time.

The feedback I'm looking for is with regards to the efficacy of the interface as well as suitably for type 1 diabetics. I am a type 2 diabetic myself and while I am on insulin I don't carb count to the extent a type 1 typically does hence the need for feedback. My goal with the feedback is to correct any obvious major deficiencies before putting it up on the market and using the feedback from that to drive development forward.

If you are interested in helping me out with this please PM me with an e-mail address and I will forward you a link where you can download the application to try it by the end of the week. If you have general questions with regards to the application feel free to post in this thread and I would be happy to respond.

Advertisement
    vespa4775 likes this.
  2. SugarJunki

SugarJunki New Member

I would be interested in the application, however, I am waiting for the new Samsung phone and thus currently have not yet an Android phone to test on. But can test for you in a few weeks :)

3. GeraldNunn

GeraldNunn Member This Topic's Starter

I'm still looking for a few more beta testers and have posted some screenshots at the link below for anyone interested. I do hope to have it up on market later this week as a free application but still hoping for some feedback from some type 1 diabetics.

GExperts - Android and Diabetes

4. thomlanphear

thomlanphear New Member

I just started on the insulin pump. I would be interested in helping out. I agree it would be nice to get it for free everything else related to diabetes costs too much. There ia a good computer program at www.bgtracker.com that works really good that is available for free if anyone is looking for a computer program.

5. kloopk

kloopk New Member

Well having been diagnosed yesterday Type1, I am willing to give it a try, I can test it on the HTC Magic (Saphire 32b - Vodafone) and the HTC Tattoo. it might help me figure out and control it as well.

6. bigcoloradoron

bigcoloradoron New Member

I have been using diabetes pilot for a number of years. And I am now getting a HTC hero phone. Diabetes Pilot does not have an android app. So I will be interested in working with you on an app.
    The way that I used the old app. was I would measure my blood glucose and then enter my expected meal plan the program would calculate the amount of insulin that I would need for my meal based on my blood glucose and my carb. intake. It would then make graphs of the different data in respect to time which I could then print for my doctor appointments.

7. mmuscaro

mmuscaro Member

Check out TuDiabetes. I feel for your diagnosis. I have an 11 year old that was diagnosed last year. Lots of good info on the web.

8. mmuscaro

mmuscaro Member

I think what lacks in most diabetes applications either on the computer or phone is a comprehensive food database built into the system to help input carb intake.

madtjohnson likes this.
  9. caroolsteemson

caroolsteemson New Member

my stepson has type 1 for 3 years hes 14 and rebelling dangerously im waiting for a new htc wildfire to arrive for him and need an ap that records bloods ,carbs ,excercise , ratios etc so he can manage it without standout books so its more private for him will any of these aps you mention work on this phone as we dont no what else to do hes just got out of hospital today after ill management and high keytones

10. regg_65

regg_65 New Member

Sounds great, and I would also be willing to assist in anyway I could. I have had it since the age of 10 - 45 now and on a pump. The pump calculates the insulin needed from my glucose reading and the carbs I put in. My biggest hurdle is the carbs. I would agree that it would be very useful to have some reference for easy carb findings.

Keep up the good work!

11. nana10000

nana10000 New Member

I will be getting my Droid Incredible in a few days and would be very interested in your program. Currently using Diabetes Pilot on my computer and Palm PDA. My email is janiceday.day@frontier.com. Thanks!

12. cavier

cavier Member

i would be interested. I have an Optimus S. What would I have to do? I need to take charge of my eating and exercise.

13. Stevessvt

Stevessvt Well-Known Member

T1 diabetic for 14 years and I'm anal about checking my sugars now since the first 12 years I wasn't. Now my a1c is 6.4. happy to try out your app.

14. Kelstyr

Kelstyr New Member

Hi, I have a EVO and am looking for a tracker that includes being able to log meals, count carbs/ calories as well as blood sugar. I have type 2 diabetes.

15. KSdenizen

KSdenizen New Member

Hello.
    Looks like the original post is a couple of years old, but am interested in an android App that performs similarly to Palm's Diabetes Pilot. It tracks glucose, meds, excercise, blood pressure and has a food database built in.

the interface is simple on the palm with few clicks and also syncs with a desktop version so you can print any data in any way you choose.

If this is what's being developed.. count me in and send me a message.

samsung epic 4g

thanks

16. unbrokenwolf

unbrokenwolf New Member

i noticed the same thing as you and made an app for android but no one i talk to is interested in buying an app which is fair considering diabetes is expensive.

i put alot of time into my app and while it is not the greatest it has a huge foods list with cereal drinks alcohol fruit veg all sorts of foods.

i want to use the money from my app to improve my partners diabetes and to get her insulin pump parts.

for minimal cost anyone can have

https://market.android.com/details?id=unbrokenwolf.DiabeticAssistant

if no one buys it soon im just going to scrap it cause i dont have a business and do it all in my spare time.