• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for flight track app

jt233

Lurker
Nov 23, 2010
Hello All new to this forum and just got my first android phone over the weekend which I'm really excited about and so far love every minute of it. The reason for this posting is because I'm looking for a certain application. I know there are many flight tracker apps out there but I seem to remember hearing about on app which you could just point your phone at a specific airplane it would give you information about where it originated and where it was headed, it was great because you didn't have to enter any information and you could track random flights that you saw going overhead. Anyone know what the name of this app is. Thanks in advance

I've been on 93 planes so far this year so I've spent my time playing around with the various Android travel apps. My top 3 are Flight Stats, Tripit, and Tripcase. I think Tripit.com is the best utility online for building and keeping track of travel itineraries. I think that Flight stats is the best app on Android... so I use the Flight stats app with their tripit importer upgrade. Here is my blog post with full review:

Android Flight Apps Review

Reactions: tiffany713
Upvote 0
Hello All new to this forum and just got my first android phone over the weekend which I'm really excited about and so far love every minute of it. The reason for this posting is because I'm looking for a certain application. I know there are many flight tracker apps out there but I seem to remember hearing about on app which you could just point your phone at a specific airplane it would give you information about where it originated and where it was headed, it was great because you didn't have to enter any information and you could track random flights that you saw going overhead. Anyone know what the name of this app is. Thanks in advance

Look no further because I have the app you were looking for. You can see planes flying around your current location with an overhead map view or switch it to the augmented reality view and point it at a plane in flight and get its heading, destination, origin ect. There is also a paid version (which I use).

Flightradar24 Free - Android app on AppBrain

PS. This is what I do!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones