1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Looking for - GPS tracker + Maps

1. Dmont

Dmont New Member

Hi folks,
    Just a quick one here, I'm looking for an app that I can use while mountain biking.
    So I'll need GPS tracking, speed and able to plot the route on a map... does anyone know of a free app ( or one at little cost ) that can do this... I used to have a Nokia phone that had a sports app that done it...

Thanks for any replies.

Regards

D

Advertisement
  2. Dmont

Dmont New Member

Just found a similar post, the recommendation was googles " My Tracks " looks good, so I'll give it a go.
  3. 8Ball

8Ball Well-Known Member

I'm using My Tracks currently. Very good for plotting speed, altitude and distance and of course it's free. I use it when I go out running.

If want a bit more detail though I recommend Viewranger. Does track plotting, but has OS Landranger maps so you can see all the paths etc. You pat per sq km of map. It's still a new app for Android, but I also used to have it on my Nokias and it was a good little program on there.
  4. Peloquin-uk

Peloquin-uk Well-Known Member

Both of these look like good apps, I go Green Laning in a Land Rover so these could be usefull but I have a question...
    Does it use any of my internet allowance by using the maps/ gps or is it all separated from that?
    I have a limited allowance and wouldn't want to run over it as it gets costly.
    Cheers
  5. manderle

manderle Well-Known Member

Time for the mods to squish this spammer