Looking for hardware version 0004 or 0005

1. CaptainSplat

CaptainSplat New Member

I wanted to know if anyone has a later hardware version than 0003

Advertisement
    :
  2. jhale83

jhale83 Well-Known Member

I have version 0002...launch day phone :)
  3. dhinez

dhinez Well-Known Member

I sure haven't seen anyone reporting a newer hardware version besides 0003. I got hardware version 0003 at launch date and couldn't be happier.
  4. SSmokybear

SSmokybear Well-Known Member

How do you know what ver you have?
  5. dhinez

dhinez Well-Known Member

Press Menu>Settings>About Phone

Select Hardware information, should be under the title Hardware version
  6. Premonition

Premonition Well-Known Member

Probably 0004 could come in the form of the white evo?
  7. I should hope they don't need to keep re engineering the phone more that 3X or we are all in trouble!
  8. SSmokybear

SSmokybear Well-Known Member

Bummer... I got ver 0002. Good news, no issues as of yet soooo. Crossing my fingers.
  9. dhinez

dhinez Well-Known Member

If they keep coming out with new hardware versions of the EVO, they might as well release an EVO 2. Hopefully by the time the white EVO comes out they would have a firmware update to fix the issues that are at hand now. I definitely will be getting a new phone IF and only IF HTC has a recall for version 0002 and 0003.
  10. CaptainSplat

CaptainSplat New Member

I got mine June 4th which is launch day and I have version 0003, no problems yet but I have read that HTC is going to be fixing all the hardware issues on newer models.... They said the glue under the screen wasn't layered correctly.
  11. lousyskater

lousyskater Active Member

Have a 0003, only problem is slight light leakage that doesn't really bother me. Everything else with the phone is perfect.
  12. scottfree

scottfree New Member

Im new to sprint 3rd evo 0004 in a weak first glass was separating, second the haptic feedback was not working properly, third has light leak spots under home and search buttons going back for my 4th tomorrow
  13. Firehawk

Firehawk Well-Known Member

I have a 0004 got it on 1/29/11....its a black evo
  14. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

I have a black EVO 004 as well - Jan 2011
    Only problem is that there is some light bleeding under the 4 buttons (home, menu, back, search), and the glass is a little raised compared to the body - other than that, it is ok.
  15. Firehawk

Firehawk Well-Known Member

I have the light bleed also....no raised glass though
  16. ardchoille

ardchoille Well-Known Member

I have hw 0004, black evo. Purchased on April 02, 2011. Glass isn't raised but there is minor light bleed below the Menu, Back and Search buttons.
  17. sleepy3103

sleepy3103 Active Member

Jan 2011 and its an 004. No light blessing or raised screen. Not sure if it supposed to but my charging port lights up on the top of it when my screen lights up. Kinda like that though cuz I can find my port at night easier.
  18. SVN S1X TW0

SVN S1X TW0 Active Member

Got 0003. This is my third Evo though. First one had light leak bad, they replaced it under warranty. Second one came to me with a dead pixel. They also replaced it under warranty. The third one is quite fine. From what I've seen, people were saying that one way you could tell what version you have by using the screen brightness widget. If the brightness phases in and out, you have 0002. If the brightness snaps and changes instantly, you have 0003. This is what I've just heard, not sure if its true. I know however, it is true on mine.
  19. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

This thread is back from the dead but what the hey.

0004 purchased 12/10 absolutely perfect with no flaws, problems, or bitches what so ever.
  20. Evo

Evo Well-Known Member

Also a 004, bought 12/10 with no issues except the annoying hairline crack by the volume down button that others seem to have also.
  21. nikkihp79

nikkihp79 Member

I have a versio 0004 had it since I lost my launch day 0002 version about three months after that
  22. airdog

airdog Well-Known Member

Just had my launch day version 0002 replaced because of a bad charging port on 6/3/11. Sprint sent a brand new EVO to the repair center. Its a version 0004. Is there a version 0005?
  23. JG-1

JG-1 Well-Known Member

Just got my replacement evo today that sprint sent to me, it's 0004.
  24. Branford

Branford Member

0004 since 12/2010, just a little light bleed under the home button and that's all
  25. kingp

kingp Well-Known Member

I've had to 0004 units and one 0003 unit.

My first EVO was 0004, got it in 12/2010.
    My Second EVO was 0003, got in 4/2011. I sent it back because of a defective power button.
    My third EVO is 0004, got it in 4/2011 as a replacement for the defective 0003 unit. My first EVO was the best of the bunch. I never had a problem with it. I sold it to get an HTC Arrive. That was a mistake. The Arrive is a good phone, but not worth selling the EVO for, in my opinion.