• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Looking for hidden apps in ICS? Try ES file explorer (Polaris, twitter, etc)

Thank toi harry2, you were exactly right: you need to make some space on first home screen in order to get the shortcut pasted there from ES File Explorer.
But is it really a shortcut that is being created? The shortcut doesn't look like one (no arrow), and when I press long on the icon, the "modify" option is unavailable. The shortcut should link to "Google Authenticator", then I want to change its name (being truncated on my HTC One X). Or is there another way to change the name of apps without having to shortcut them?

Upvote 0
1. Launch ES File Explorer
2. Run AppMgr
3. Select Category; Under "Select types" click "All"
4. Find the app you are looking for and do a long press on it; "Operations" will pop up, pick shortcut.

You will now have a shortcut for the hidden apps.

Installed es file explorer but I still don't see Polaris office listed under apps.
Did you choose "All" when you selected types ? :)

Harry

Upvote 0
OK. Hi all. I have found some things.... Evo 4g lte, ICS, Using the ICS Google Search bar if you search Polaris Office, SoundHound, or Mirror (another hidden app I found somewhere.. can't duplicate but it is there), the "app" appears at the bottom of a short list. Click on that app link and see what happens. You will actually be inside the app. There doesn't seem to be any android settings available for the Polaris related items that come up. And I am actually new to SoundHound ,but the app is quite nice and does have adjustable settings. I certainly cannot explain the mechanism here or why they are buried like this, but they are there. Check it out. I would love insight on this one. Anybody?..........................................

Upvote 0
This may have been added with a prior Ice Cream Sandwich maintenance that I never installed, but

With the update to JellyBean, HTC added some integrated LinkedIn functionality to the phones software. It is in the list of accounts that can be added under Sync, and the application 'Linkedin for HTC Sense' now appears in the applications list. There is no widget, it does not appear in the application tray, and there is no other way to access the application that I can find (maybe in Music or Gallery it comes as a default app shortcut).
So I'm noting it here as another hidden application/service.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones