Looking for Holster/case for Droid

Last Updated:

1. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have this one from Verizon I am currently using for the Eris, On VZW they show it to be an accessory for Droid too..
    [​IMG]

But are there others? I like the clip on the back, but one that rotates would be nice, as well as one that would allow me to have my headphones plugged in while in the case

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

-=Jeff=- likes this.
  3. -=Jeff=-

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Ahh, then you might look at several companies making stuff, Seido is but one of them - seidioonline.com

-=Jeff=- likes this.
  5. -=Jeff=-

Oh yeah I forgot about them!!

6. T-Slice

T-Slice Active Member

Does anyone have any recomendations for Non Vzw brand hard cases?
    I have seen many off brands some that look bulky or cheap. The seidio ones look pretty good, anyone here have a review of one?

I currently use the vzw clear blue plastic case and it is a bit bulky and the glossy plastic scratches too easily. I'm looking to upgrade soon.

Thanks.

7. shademar

shademar Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan of seido...I'm using their holster clip anytime I don't have a convenient pocket for my otherwise nekkid droid, and it's amazingly solid and well-built. I've heard good things about their cases, although I don't personally use one.

8. Jinnai

Jinnai Well-Known Member

I'm currently using Seidio's Innocase and like it so far, but I'd prefer more of a holster style case. The only one I've found for my Droid is one that Rocketfish makes, found at Best Buy.

9. crankerchick

crankerchick Well-Known Member

+1 for Seidio products. They have the thin snap on innocase, leather cases, and a holster with swivel lock. All of their cases can be purchased for use with the snap-on case or not. I'm a big fan of their holster and have had one for all my phones over the years after trying a variety of cases and holsters with clips and not being satisfied. They also have desktop and car docks that are compatible with their snap-on case.

10. matt4876

matt4876 Member

I was thinking of buying that case but I want one that fits in the OEM GPS mount. Do you or anyone else have any insight on whether or not it will fit?

11. Jinnai

Jinnai Well-Known Member

It will not work with the factory GPS car dock, but Sedio does make a car dock w/a removable insert, so you can use it without a case, with a case, or even with a case and extended battery. It also has an additional power pass-through port, so you can plug in an additional item. If you talk to them (using the chat feature), you might even be able to get a discount on both purchased together. I know they have a discount bundle with their holster clip.

12. graymulligan

graymulligan Member

I love seidio's stuff, but the fact that they don't work with my existing cradles meant I didn't go that way.

Sena Elega holster, done. :) Google it, its a bit snug the first couple days until it gets worn in, but it works amazingly after that. I love mine. Plus, the droid looks silly in a seidio innocase. Too bulky, and it looks thrown together.

Humph1022 likes this.
  13. crankerchick

It's funny you say that. No case that stays on the phone all the time will work in an OEM cradle. But Seidio does make cradles compatible with their cases and batteries so that is kind of nice. I just take the back off my innocase to dock in my cradle.

I assume if you are using the Elega, you are using the iPhone 3GS version, since they don't make that specifically for the droid? It looks like a nice case but it's not a holster case like the OP is looking for. OP, the Sena Laterale is specifically for the Droid, but it doesn't look like it will allow the headphones to be plugged in at the same time. The seidio leather case does though.

I also have a Sena Kutu leather pouch similar to the Elega, but with more coverage of the phone (it covers the sides completely). PDAir also has a nice pouch case, very elegant.

I haven't seen many of the higher quality leather holster type-cases with a swivel lock clip. I've seen them with a swivel clip, but none that lock.

14. -=Jeff=-

15. baa269

baa269 Well-Known Member

hey jeff if you want to sell that case im willing to buy it off you... pm me if you would want to once you get your new case if you do.

16. Mini Cooper

Mini Cooper Member

I only use Seidio holters for my phones. I have actually converted several other Droid users to the Seidio clip style holdster (Rubberized). They cost a couple of $$$ but customer service and quality is the best...

17. crankerchick

Did you look at the other pictures for the Seidio. They have a picture of the clip, but it's like you said, it doesn't swivel so it doesn't address all the features you are looking for.

Although i'm not sure I would want a case that is open at the top or could open kind of easily, even with a lock, to swivel. That's just me though. I'd be afraid of the phone falling out.

18. GolfnDroid

GolfnDroid Well-Known Member

I've used the Body Glove since day one. Clip rotates 360, the rubberized feel is nice, you can use the headphones without interruption, the top layer is a little longer than the screen to help protect the screen if dropped and you can still use the pull out keyboard without much interference. Just sayin...

http://store.androidandme.com/body-glove-snap-on-case/4A123A6184.htm

19. -=Jeff=-

Yes I agree.. but the VZW one I have is a PITA, the Body Glove one I linked I bet doe snot swivel 360.. I might try that, I need it to adjust a little bit not too much.

can always try one and then buy another if I don't like the one I try

20. Coogi

Coogi Well-Known Member

I will agree this is a great one, love BG. This is also a good price, I sell mine for 24.99, but I would suggest go to a mall where they sell them cause they can work on a deal if you are good at haggling. I'm not so I just buy it from where we get them for a cheap price :p $10.60 for me :p

21. -=Jeff=-

Yeah thanks.. I think I might get the BG case I saw to try
    Body Glove Landmark Universal Case - Phandroid Store

it looks to be mostly what I am looking for

22. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

I use this one. Hasn't let me down yet. The only time I haven't used it was when I was at Shmoocon. Didn't feel the need to have it out in the open like that. There I kept it in my cargo pocket. My cargo pockets have pockets inside them to hold 30 round AR-15 clips. Droid fits perfectly in them.

23. Jodiuh

Jodiuh Well-Known Member

Went to VZW today to find something that would let me carry DROID around when wearing jogging pants and came up w/ this:

Enter your location

They also had the "made for droid" version there, but it doesn't seem to have as tight a clip. The one above has a fairly slim clip that stays put! Although this one on smartphone experts looks great:

Smartphone Experts Top Case for Motorola Droid - Android Leather Cases - Android and Me

I would need to see the clip though as I'm not a fan of the inch thick ones.