Looking for info on lighting "2.5" ROM

Last Updated:

1. gmjlopez

gmjlopez Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did a search but nothing turned up. I also did a quick search on Google with no relevant results. Anyone know where to find info about this?

Advertisement
  2. edp

edp Well-Known Member

gmjlopez likes this.
  3. Othan1

Othan1 Well-Known Member

Haven't seen any bugs in it yet. Runs fairly smooth. I'll give it four days to a week, though, because that's when problems with ANY new ROMS start to show.

Lots of reading on that page and although the developer is great at programming, it's difficult to decipher his English at times.

edp likes this.
  4. kzoo

kzoo Well-Known Member

I have been running his roms since his first one and they are all very very stable. I have yet to find a bug in any of them.

edp likes this.
  5. edp

edp Well-Known Member

sorry if this is an uber noob question, but i was wondering if it's really that wrong to install this over what i'm currently running, and using my current recovery? i know that it's recommended to reflash to the stock rom and forcystos 3.8.0 recovery , but man, i'd rather not have to reinstall all my stuff. right now i'm running littlejth 1.2 with joey's recovery 2.1.3. any help would be much appreciated.

edit: never mind, i went ahead and loaded it all without reflashing and so far so good

6. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it and 2.6 is coming tonight from what he says so even more goodness!

7. DHusidic

DHusidic Member

where can i download Nexus Lightning 2.5?

8. Mw182006

Mw182006 Well-Known Member

Seriously? Read up.

9. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Dang, I'm currently on 2.2. How much improvement is 2.7 comapared to his 2.2 release? Also, I can currently use custom themes with 2.2. Can you use custom themes still with 2.7?

Has anyone had any problems using this build.prop to fix the market issues?

http://forum.sdx-developers.com/android-2-1/how-to-access-protect-apps-in-the-market/

Also, I saw that the "Water" Live wallpaper has been modded??? I like the original so is there anyway to keep it?

10. edp

edp Well-Known Member

i didn't use his 2.2, so i can't say how it compares. but i've been running the 2.7 since this morning, and it's fast, stable, the 3d gallery works correctly, the video camera is very much improved, the gps locks faster, and my phone just works better period. and i'm running the licorice theme over it with no problems. haven't tried the market fix yet. i think i'll just wait for the developer to address that in his new version since he seems to keep pumping them out so quickly.

11. gmjlopez

Thanks guys for the links and info. I just finished installing it now since I had wifi and reboot troubles with joeykrims.

12. gmjlopez

Question. I did a backup in recovery 3.0.8. What exactly does that backup? Can I apply that backup to lighting 2.7? Thanks.

13. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I have no idea, I've had a bad experience with backing up my system and trying to restore. But I don't think it'll happen again. I've never restored a backup from recovery yet so I have no clue how it will work

14. Shiftr182

Shiftr182 Member

What ROM was the backup done on? If it wasnt a backup on the 2.7 ROM, you dont want to run it on 2.7. The backups should only be run on the ROM that they were backed up on, otherwise you could run into FC's, etc.

gmjlopez likes this.