• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for Instant message app similar to viber/whatapp

usmdesigner

Jul 26, 2011
My Whatapp yearly trial is up. I just got Viber and we like it, but it doesn't have the technology to tell if the person is Online or Offline. I went to Viber website and it says it can only treat you as "always" online or offline. This is poor technology as whatsapp had no problem with that. I didn't know it would be so important to know if the person is in the program or not, but apparently I am spoiled now and HATE viber due to this reason alone. If the person isn't online in the program, I knew that I didn't need to wait around for an answer, so each of us could get out of the program. Viber just makes it seem like you are leaving the conversation even though the person may not even be in the program talking to you.

Anyone using an IM that has things like stickers and stuff that is comparable?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones