1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for keyboard app

Last Updated:

1. Arcano

Arcano Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,
    I need some advice with some of the keyboards available for Android phones, I'm currently using an old version of version of smart keyboard pro i downloaded to test, I really liked the app and was about to buy it when the google checkout did not accept my CC because of the location the charge is been made. I found that I can buy it using Paypal and other kind of market which I wont use, and due to an issue with PP i cant use my CC with them.

long story short, does any one know of an app that has the same function as smart keyboard specially the one to change the language with a key on the keyboard? since I do use both Spanish and English its annoying to have to go to options and change the dictionary every time I need to switch languages.

Advertisement
  2. rvpartsguy

rvpartsguy Well-Known Member

I use Ultra Keyboard...has alot of customizable features and multi language provided, easy to switch ...and if you like Swype you can switch it to a swype style keyboard ....not free but by far the best keyboard i have found...
    you would have to download the spanish dictionary seperately, but thats free

Ultra Keyboard - Android app on AppBrain

3. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

I use Swiftkey, love it:) You can download an assortment of language modules. It is $3.99 for full version but there may be a test version to try out before buying, not sure though

4. sandman512

sandman512 Well-Known Member

Love Ultra-Keyboard

5. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Hi.

You can switch languages with the HTC_ime, you just need to set the volume buttons, the obvious downside being you need to manually move the cursor should you need to.

6. Whiskeypawz

Whiskeypawz Well-Known Member

SwiftKey ROCKS & you can use multiple languages at the same time. @andygu3 was right, you can download it for $3.99 but they do have a 2 week trial for free. I love that they will give you a trial! It's different from Swype in that it's big feature is word prediction. Not just the word your typing but it's great at predicting the next word, based on your text history. Good luck with whatever keyboard you choose! :)
    SwiftKey - Intelligent text prediction for Android smartphones, by TouchType Ltd.

7. amerifax

amerifax Well-Known Member

"SlideIt" works great for me. I can "SlideIt" works with out even hitting a letters at times. I like so much I'm hoping to find an attachment pad for my computer.