Looking for Keyboards to use. Any suggestions?

1. LookAtThisMess

LookAtThisMess New Member

I need a keyboard that has adjustable key heights. I have giant sausage fingers and without that option I often hit multiple keys at once, or it registers the wrong keypress all together. I also a need a keyboard that is low on visual effects/resources. (One of the reasons I don't use Swift Key) My phone is generally a POS. A ZTE Merit running Android 2.3.5. This thing is everything but a powerhouse. I am currently using Smart Keyboard. Which really, in its entirety is amazing. Has most of what I want. However it lacks the option to save words I have typed. It always corrects slang and I can't save any of the ones I use frequently. So I often end up sending "Hey brown" instead of "Hey, bro" making me look like a giant racist. Also, there have been a few keyboards I have used that for whatever reason decide to stop autocorrecting my words. Kii Keyboard (Which was my favorite, and still is but it constantly stops autocorrecting after a short time) is my ideal keyboard. But as stated before I had a few issues with it.

To make this simple I need a keyboard with the following features:

- Adjustable Key heights
    - Low recourse/visual effects (or at least toggleable)
    - Consistant autocorrect
    - Save-able words.

If anyone knows of any keyboards that remotely fit this description. Please comment. It would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
    :
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Swype or Perfect Keyboard.
  3. gtbarry

gtbarry Well-Known Member

I recommend you look at the two most popular keyboards - SwiftKey and Swype. Why? Because they both have free, full-function, 30-day trials in the Play Store. Unlike some keyboards I could mention.
  4. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Well-Known Member

I prefer Hacker's Keyboard. Highly customizable.
  5. basiladdyson

basiladdyson Member

Try either SwiftKey and Swype.
  6. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

The OP did already give a reason they don't use SwiftKey.

As I remember AI Keyboard has height-adjustable keys.
    funkylogik likes this.
  7. glassmancheck

glassmancheck Well-Known Member

SlideIT has most of the features you are looking for.
    - Adjustable Key heights = Yes. It can be resized easily. One reason I like it.
    - Low recourse/visual effects (or at least toggleable) = 6.9mb, seems to work well on my 2.3.5 unit
    - Consistant autocorrect = Yes
    - Save-able words. = Yes
  8. gtbarry

gtbarry Well-Known Member

My bad. Thanks for pointing it out.

Swype I THINK is less resource intensive. And less expensive if he likes it after the trial
    funkylogik likes this.
  9. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I used Thumb Keyboard for a while. It has some of the best options for layout and key sizes.
    funkylogik likes this.
  10. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Isnt there one called "big thumbs" or something? Or maybe the one Stuntman recommended is its new name :thumbup:
  11. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I've never heard of Big Thumbs. Thumb keyboard can be found here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.beansoft.keyboardplus&hl=en-GB

If you are looking for a keyboard where you are highly unlikely to press the wrong key by accident (assuming you are proficient in it) try MessagEase. Note that this is a radically different keyboard. The layout is not QWERTY and typing requires either a tap or slide gesture depending on the character you want to type. I personally found the learning curve too high to become proficient in it considering I can type at a fair pace on traditional QWERTY layouts. I found that the time I was using it, I was highly unlikely to type the wrong character accidentally. If you are interested in giving it a try, here's the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.exideas.mekb&hl=en-GB
    funkylogik likes this.
  12. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member