1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for "Later Dude" for android

Last Updated:

1. buildscapeinc

buildscapeinc Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all, just came from a BlackBerry to Android and I love it, can't imagine ever going back.

One app I do miss is one called Later Dure and Later Dude Pro. I keep all of my "tasks" in my calendar as events or things to do. With Later Dude once you received a text, email, phone call or about anything on your phone you could easily add it to either a task list or to the calendar. You could either enter a certain time and date or just make it set for a certain time in the future (15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours, 12 hours, etc). It was a very fast way of adding items to the calendar. Great for action items and following up. The subject of your message would be subject of the event and the body of the message would be in the body of the event.

I could not find the specific app but is there anything close to this in Android?

If not, developers.....have at it, it was a very widely used app on BB.

Thanks,
    Brian

Advertisement
  2. red97xj

red97xj Well-Known Member

Sounds VERY useful!

3. lava9611

lava9611 Active Member

I second that! Would love to see something like that on Android.

4. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

Do you know who the developer is on the Blackberry platform? E-mail them if you do and ask if they have anything planned for Android.

5. buildscapeinc

Good idea, will do.

Thanks,
    Brian

6. buildscapeinc

Just emailed the dev and got a lightening fast reply. Not on android and no plans for it.

Brian

7. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

Bummer. It was worth a shot!

8. MichiMom

MichiMom New Member

Dang! I LOVED Later Dude and was looking for it...

9. ChickaliciousNYC

ChickaliciousNYC New Member

LaterDude was a program I used countless times per day when i had my BB. When I switched over to Droid, i NEVER dreamt of not being able to find a similar app. Its been a long few months and still nothing compares but I wanted to share 2 programs that might be useful on some level -- The first is Gemini Calendar. I happen to be a calendar snob and I have to say, I happen to like Gemini a lot. One of the reasons I like it so much is the ability to set call reminders directly from the address book or call log. I haven't seen another calendar with that feature, except this one. The 2nd is one I JUST came across -- called "FollowUP.cc" -- It seems to be an email flagger with calendar integration. You can set email reminders for later that day, the next week or later in the month, etc. -- check it out at (FollowUp > Email Reminders and Tasks) -- If you guys comes across anything else, pls let me know! -- all my best, ChickaliciousNYC