1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for missed call reminder with repeating alarm

Last Updated:

1. desperado

desperado Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am looking for a simple app to remind me if I have a missed call with a notification sound configured to my preferences. In other works remind me ever X min with sound Y.

I have read a lot of issues with Missed Call so I haven't even tried that one. Anyone having any luck with this app?

I installed executive assistant which does the job very nicely but it also does a LOT more that I don't need/like. I just want something light weight and simple.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

3. desperado

Thanks, I read a lot of comments on this one about it working randomly and sometime will not stop reminding even after you have acknowledged the notifications. Do you use the app? Any issues with it in the past? Has it been improved?

4. desperado

I placed this thread in the incredible section of the forum but the mode moved to general applications. This forum is the most aggressively moderated forum I have ever participated on making it really hard to get the answers you are seeking. I am looking for this app to work well on the incredible so please include what phone you are running on if you recommend an app.

5. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

The next release of Tasker will be able to do this. I'm doing it with the beta now on my Droid. The current version can also do it, but it's much easier in the beta.

6. coetrix

coetrix New Member

try missed reminder

7. zoxxo

zoxxo Well-Known Member

While it doesn't do exactly what you want, you might want to check out the "Last Call" widget. It allows you to place a widget on the desktop that shows what your last call was and allows for one touch to get you to the dialer with the number loaded and ready to dial...

Last Call on AppBrain

[​IMG]

8. Bob Denny

Bob Denny Well-Known Member

EasyReminder works fine for me. I've been using it for a couple of months.

9. gowens1

gowens1 New Member

I have this app (Easy Reminder) and it worked find for months then started alerting even after a text or missed call was acknowledged. I sent an email to the developer... but no response. I guess that is what you get for FREE ! I would gladly pay for an app like this from a reputable vendor.

10. gtbarry

gtbarry Well-Known Member

If you can use it, Lightflow is exactly what you are asking for: "remind me ever X min with sound Y"

You can set the reminders to specific notification sounds, at designated intervals and for how long the reminders will contiue before they time out. You can even choose vibration reminders in addition.

It does that for specific people, calendar events, missed calls, email, MMS, SMS, low battery and much more.

Depending on your hardware, you can even change the color of the LED light. (I'm using a Galaxy Nexus so I can choose from dozens of colors).

For example, when I miss a call from my daughter (or get an MMS or SMS from her), the reminder light is green, the reminder sound is just for her and occurs every five minutes and the light blinks faster than any other notification. Meanwhile, when I get a new gmail, the reminder sound is specific to gmail, occurs every 20 minutes and the light flashes blue at a much slower rate.

Best of all, there is a free version that does all that. So, you can try it at no expense. To this day I use the free version and have never been tempted to buy the paid version (you can receive a wider variety of notifications is about all you get from it I think).