• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for mobile recording device for Clinical Trails - Please Help!

I am looking for an easy way for doctors to take video recordings of patient interviews for clinical trial purposes and upload it securely to our servers. The videos are typically 1-3 hours in length. Are there any phone applications on the Android platform that have business grade security (I.E. encryption)? I would also need to be able to set the compression, if required. This is patient image data so the governing regulatory authorities will insist that no one else can view the data and that it's not stored in any non-validated environment en route to our server, for obvious confidentiality purposed. It would need to be a global device since we a planning to used it in 20+ countries.

Does anyone know of an application or device out there that could accommodate these requirements? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

I can't imagine that a mobile device would be the best place to capture that type of data. Would it be stored locally at all? What happens if the device gets lost? I know for imaging studies like CTs and MRIs we have used a vendor that allows the sites to upload the images securely, strips the identifiers and send them to the central reader. I don't know if they could handle video files.

Upvote 0
I am looking for an easy way for doctors to take video recordings of patient interviews for clinical trial purposes and upload it securely to our servers. The videos are typically 1-3 hours in length. Are there any phone applications on the Android platform that have business grade security (I.E. encryption)? I would also need to be able to set the compression, if required. This is patient image data so the governing regulatory authorities will insist that no one else can view the data and that it's not stored in any non-validated environment en route to our server, for obvious confidentiality purposed. It would need to be a global device since we a planning to used it in 20+ countries.

Does anyone know of an application or device out there that could accommodate these requirements? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
I do not think given your requirements this is even possible on a phone. Imagine the size of a Video that is 3 hours long. Let alone the obstacles that you will encounter with the "regulatory" governing body documenting patient information on a mobile phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones