• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for Music Player with this special feature...

Kaprice

Lurker
Nov 9, 2014
I'm looking for a music player where I can create a play list and independently set the volume of each track.

Imagine a play list for sleeping.

You might have the first song at 100% volume. The next one at 80%, then 70%, 60%, etc until you're down to 20%.

Then maybe you have several hours of ocean waves at 20%.

Then 30 minutes before it's time to wake up, the tracks start increasing in volume until you have full volume.

Is there anything like that out there?

Hello Kaprice and welcome to AF. That is a feature I've not heard available on any player. That does not say one doesn't exist. Perhaps another will have something for you. Another avenue you might consider would be to place an app request in our developers forums. Here is a link: Application Requests - Android Forums
I think your idea is unique and likely doable. Perhaps one of our developers would love to take your idea and run with it. In any event, welcome to AF and thanks for using these forums.

Upvote 0
Thanks, Olbriar. I'll check out the app request.

I got a response from the makers of Rocket Player and they say each track can have different EQ settings (thus volume) in their Premium version. It can't ramp volume up or down, but being able to change volume per track does most of what I need.

I'll report back once I confirm or refute that it can be done.

Upvote 0
Tasker includes a variable named %MTRACK which is the name of the current playing song. It also has the ability to control volume. If there are only 10 or 20 songs and you change the playlist infrequently then this wouldn't be too difficult. You might want to use Tasker's available "Media Utilities" plugin as well, which could give you more flexibility regarding which app you use to play the music itself in this context.

Upvote 0
Thanks, Olbriar. I'll check out the app request.

I got a response from the makers of Rocket Player and they say each track can have different EQ settings (thus volume) in their Premium version. It can't ramp volume up or down, but being able to change volume per track does most of what I need.

I'll report back once I confirm or refute that it can be done.

Interesting. I use Rocket Player, but don't use that feature. Didn't know about it until now.

What I do is I actually use a PC sound editor called Audacity to edit songs and adjust the volume there. Then whatever device I move my music to will have the correct volume.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones