• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for new phone - advice wanted

steve2718

Lurker
Jun 23, 2012
Hello,
I have a Samsung Exhibit II 4G (2.3.5) and need a new phone. The ExII is just too slow and irritating. My wife has a Sony Xperia T (4.3) and I am not so pleased with it either.

My big complaint is the instability caused by memory filling with apps that I/we don't use. I don't use a phone for social media or movies and do very little texting. I do write my own apps with Eclipse that make it a worker for my engineering work so do want a smart phone. I have tried a few root ROMs on the ExII but it always becomes unstable and will lock up or refuse to boot at the worst times.

I am looking for models that users either have rooted and are stable or didn't need to be rooted to keep them running fast.

I prefer smaller screens (4-4.5") and less than $300 but will go outside those bounds if I gain stability.

Any suggestion are appreciated.
Happy Trails

Wow, that is a slow phone by today's standards, can't believe you've stuck with it for so long. :D

The Moto G would feel like a huge upgrade for you, go for the 16GB 4G version with sdcard slot, you seem to keep phones for a long time so a little future proofing and flexibility with storage is probably a good idea. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones