• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for new phone

iamloco724

Android Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2009
I cracked my droid dna screen so I'm looking for a new phone right now I'm
looking at the LG g2 and the HTC one

What does everyone think is the pros and cons of these and what do you
recommend

Is the HTC one a significant upgrade from the dna

Is there any phones coming out on Verizon in November maybe even December that I should possibly wait for?

I don't think the One is a significant enough upgrade in my opinion. I think the LG G2 is very intriguing, especially if you are willing to turn it into a vzw nexus by rooting and putting AOSP on it. My coworker got the AT&T version (talked him into trading in his iPhone), and it is a really nice phone, the screen is gorgeous. I'm jealous.

Upvote 0
I had the chance to use the DNA for a few weeks. I bought, then sold the HTC one. So I've used both. The one is not a significant upgrade. DNA has a larger screen and similar camera capabilities. However the One has better build quality, and clearly better sound. Still not that much better overall then the DNA.

The LG G2 looks like a great phone. I'm getting it or the Note 3 myself. Just haven't made up my mind yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones