Looking for opinions

Last Updated:

1. islandiver

islandiver Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm up for a Verizon upgrade this month and I'm not sure which phone I want next. Right now I have an eris, it's a nice phone but gets very laggy at times and can't really function in the capacity I need it to. Like running .pdf, Power Point, and Word docs efficiently. I'm looking at the Incredible, DX and D2. I'm leaning towards the X but I'm used to the Sense UI the Eris has and that interface. The sliding keyboard of the D2 is nice but not a necessity for me. I use Swype and am used to that. What's the big difference between the HTC interface and Motorola interface?

Advertisement
  2. Chaznsc

Chaznsc Well-Known Member

islandiver likes this.
  3. islandiver

Ha yes, that's why I posted here. The X seems to be what I'm leaning towards. Something about that 4.3" screen

4. baberz

baberz Well-Known Member

Droid X of course! Go to vzw and play with what they have available. I've been to many vzw stores where they didn't have a modle droid x, but one of the sales reps had one and let me play with his phone. At the moment I knew my search was over.

5. Chaznsc

Chaznsc Well-Known Member

I think thats the issue here. At first glance the screen seemed like a giant toy. But the D2 is so out of proportion that it made the phone difficult or clumsy for my anyway.

The Dx is really perfect in many ways.

6. Droid Samurai

Droid Samurai Well-Known Member

Get an X and throw some launcher pro on it!, bliss :p

7. islandiver

Thanks everyone, I'll more than likely make the switch to the DX. Here's a question, do any of the apps that I've paid for from my Eris get ported over to the new phone or do I have to purchase again? And has everyone gotten the 2.2 push or are some still waiting?

8. baberz

baberz Well-Known Member

As far as I know you should be able to switch your apps over to your new phone. And everyone has gotten the update for 2.2, but some may have not wanted to update it...why i don't know. The Dx is currently be sold with 2.2 on it.

9. islandiver

Yeah just having flash and the ability for Apps2SD sells me.

10. islandiver

Oh one other thing, my Eris I'm giving to my daughter. How do I de-authorize my credit card on the phone so she can't just go buying any app she wants. Once I put my cc info into the market I'm not sure how to change it.

11. cygnusloop

cygnusloop Well-Known Member

If your talking about Google Checkout, it's tied to the gmail account set up on the phone. That said, I would factory reset the phone and set it up for her from scratch.

Oh, and FWIW, with 8 meg of internal memory on the X, App2SD is a non-issue, IMO. I've got over 100 apps, and I've barely made a dent in it.

GrandMasterB likes this.
  12. ricksievers

ricksievers Well-Known Member

Get the X, you wont regret it and you will say, I wish I got it sooner. I can never get a phone with a smaller screen now. It makes a big difference

13. khsjsilver

khsjsilver Well-Known Member

Droid X is a very good phone, but it does come with it's problems. For many people, it has a problem holding a 3g signal and there are a lot of software issues. Many people have had to replace there X's many times (I am on my 3rd Droid X).

You should go in with your eyes open. If you seach the forums, you will read the good and the bad. My experience hasn't been all good.

14. ricksievers

ricksievers Well-Known Member

The X does not have alot of problems, maybe yours does. I have not heard about the 3g problems.

15. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Personally I think if you like sense you should would wait a few weeks until the Incredible HD comes out(Supposedly coming 11/23). That being said I love my DX and if you want something now on verizon its the best option.

islandiver likes this.
  16. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

17. islandiver

When is 4G coming to Verizon, anyone know? I'd love a DX or Incredible HD with 4G.

18. Droidizzle

Droidizzle Well-Known Member

I second waiting for the Inc HD. If you must get one now it depends what you want. Do you want a phone that you can fully unlock? Go with the Inc. If you want an all around great phone but are limited with what you can do as far as rooting goes, then grab the DX.

I personally always like tinkering with my phones (OCD) and kinda miss my Inc, but for a phone and I guess thats why they call them cell phones :) I love my DX.

islandiver likes this.
  19. islandiver

Well I'm really liking the 8MP camera and 720p video recording as my current camera sux. So this could replace my camera as well. We'll see I'm going to the Verizon store today to check 'em both out.