1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for "persistant" app-killer, please tell me one exist...

Last Updated:

1. IndivisibleP

IndivisibleP Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a few apps that are useful and I would like to keep, but they are really pissing me off how they take it upon themselves to auto launch with no initiative from me (the rightful owner of the phone DAMNIT!!) :mad:

Specifically, the e-bay app and the myDevice app from t-mobile which tells me my remaining minutes etc, I would like to keep – but only see that they are open when I DO IT! Is there an app that will prevent these low-class pesky $#!†head apps from opening on their own accord?

Advertisement
  2. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member

Autostarts (root only) will stop them loading at boot but once you've open them they will cache again rather than completely close.

To set a task killer to constantly end them will without doubt use more cpu/battery than just leaving them alone.

Watchdog is an excellent app that will tell you if they are actually using any cpu time.

3. tonyb81

tonyb81 Well-Known Member

If an app keeps opening up, having a task killer continuously closing it is just gonna make things worse.

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Yes, please do a search on task killers. Many threads will tell you they dont help at all. Just because you see a program open, doesnt mean its using any battery. Android will load a lot of programs into the cache, but they are not running, they are in the background just waiting to be opened.

5. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

+1

6. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

7. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

This :D