Looking for remote app for Directv receives via WIFI and use IR BlasterGeneral

Last Updated: 2013-09-07 01:08:26
  1. crcucb

crcucb Member

There are Directv remote apps that can control the receivers over the wireless network.

There are also remote apps that use the IR blaster to control various units.

I am looking for an app that does both. That will allow me to control my Directv receivers (without changing the remote type from RF to IR), and use the IR blaster to control my surround sound, tv, etc...

-C

Advertisement
  2. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

Have you tried using the stock "Watchon" App. It will allow you to control as many devices that you have in your home. But you will only be able to use it in front of the unit though, just like you would with the devices original remote. If you want to set up recordings try using the "Directv" app. It will allow you to set up recordings from anywhere. (This only works with DVR's though)
  3. crcucb

crcucb Member

Watch On only controls Directv DVRs if the remote is in IR mode , not RF mode which I have as the DVRs are out of line of sight.
  4. itsallgood

I did think about that after my post. Just curious. Why control your DVR when in another room? I can see that with a sound system. Truth be told, even if there was an app that could do what you asked, I don't believe the S4 had an RF antenna to control those type of electronics.
  5. crcucb

crcucb Member

It's not in the other room, it's just below some stuff so it's out of line of sight.
  6. itsallgood

Gotcha.