• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

looking for some advice.

jaabee57

Lurker
Jul 14, 2010
Hi, I have had my Desire for about 3 week snow. I absolutely loved it at first but am becoming increasingly frustrated.

Main problem is the battery needs charging so often. I have done all the things suggested, dimmed lights, changed wall paper,turned off internet etc but after playing a few games and making a couple of calls back to the charger it goes. uggh, takes the fun out of it.

Now , today I went to send an sms and it says phone is full and won't let me send a text.! What's with that? 3 weeks old and it's full? I'm in shock. I have deleted as many msgs as I can and deleted some apps I don't use but still I can't send a text or open one. I really don't know what I can delete and now think this is going to be an eternal problem.
This phone has turned from a huge delight to a huge disapointment for me and I haven't even paid my first bill.

please please if I am dong something wrong and it can be fixed I would totally love some help, thanks.

Hi, I have had my Desire for about 3 week snow. I absolutely loved it at first but am becoming increasingly frustrated.

Main problem is the battery needs charging so often. I have done all the things suggested, dimmed lights, changed wall paper,turned off internet etc but after playing a few games and making a couple of calls back to the charger it goes. uggh, takes the fun out of it.

Now , today I went to send an sms and it says phone is full and won't let me send a text.! What's with that? 3 weeks old and it's full? I'm in shock. I have deleted as many msgs as I can and deleted some apps I don't use but still I can't send a text or open one. I really don't know what I can delete and now think this is going to be an eternal problem.
This phone has turned from a huge delight to a huge disapointment for me and I haven't even paid my first bill.

please please if I am dong something wrong and it can be fixed I would totally love some help, thanks.

Go into settings/applications/manage applications then click one at a time if the clear cache button is a light click it to clear it, this you will probably find will clear the problem

Reactions: jaabee57
Upvote 0
If you have the low space warning on the notification bar then it won't let you send texts. Here are some tips on gaining more space:

http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/120161-how-gain-more-space.html#post1120301

As regards the battery you need to monitor what is using it in order to manage it efficiently. There are lots of threads on here with various tips on how to do that. I think the best way is to add this shortcut to your homescreen and keep checking it for any apps which are showing excessive usage:

Long press homescreen / select shortcut / settings / battery use

Reactions: jaabee57
Upvote 0
As regards the battery you need to monitor what is using it in order to manage it efficiently. There are lots of threads on here with various tips on how to do that. I think the best way is to add this shortcut to your homescreen and keep checking it for any apps which are showing excessive usage:

Long press homescreen / select shortcut / settings / battery use

That's a good tip! After 11hrs and 21 mins unplugged I have:-

Wi-Fi - 31%
Cell Standby - 31%
Phone Idle - 30%
Android System - 6%
Display - 2%

Upvote 0
Thank you everyone. Problem solved. I apparently had a faulty phone. I had a lot more issues after posting this that surfaced. I've had it replaced with a new one, and it is fantastic. I've also had my phone cost deducted because of the trouble,now only paying for my plan which is a bonus.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones