Looking for some help.General

Last Updated:

1. Brianm109

Brianm109 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded Handcent SMS and really like it but I do notice that when I get a text notification I also get one from the Eris message app. Any way to turn off the original Eris Message app off? Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
  2. karib

karib Well-Known Member

Try going into settings>applications>manage applications>messages>clear defaults.
    Then go into handcent, there should be a pop up, select>use as default>handcent.

Also, you can go into settings in handcent(the little wrench in the upper right hand corner) and deselect pop ups I think, if you don't want any kind of pop up when you recieve a text, because even handcent will have one. Hope this helps!

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Karib answered for you about the settings for that.

I just wanted to offer this: toss Handcent and get the most out of the stock messaging application; it is very good. ;)

That goes for Dolphin (or other) browser as opposed to the stock browser, as well.

I know others feel differently, but I'm just trying to help thinking long term with your Eris.

4. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

You are getting double notifications. Simple to solve.
    Go to your app list and open Messages>Menu>Settings scroll down and uncheck the box "Notifications"

5. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

+1