Looking for something like EVO except smaller

Last Updated:

1. herd_of_turtles

herd_of_turtles New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I had an EVO for about 30 days and took it back. Reason: screen/phone were too big. Too big to hold and too big in the pocket. I liked everything else about the phone (processor speed of 1 Ghz, android platform, easy access to facebook, etc., but the size was too bulky.

Anyone know of a comparable phone slated to come out soon that is about the same as an EVO but with a 4 inch screen or a 3.7 inch screen? I checked out the Aria, it was nice, but it was slow and choppy(downloaded pages) compared to an EVO. Thanks for your help everyone.

Advertisement
  2. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish Well-Known Member

The Samsung Vibrant is out on T-Mobile, it has a 4" screen, 1GHz processor, and has gotten some good reviews. No flash for the camera though, which is a little odd in 2010 ...

3. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

THE HTC Incredible on Verizon is almost the exact same phone as the Evo, just smaller. Exactly what you are looking for probably. Has been hard to get due to difficulty getting enough screens but if patient, you can get one.

4. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Only thing I know of with a few less features but the size you are looking for and speed is the Incredible but they are having major shortages. Having said that I read somewhere that HTC still has about 6 smart phones coming out before the end of the year.

5. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

My gf is looking for the same thing only she's tied to sprint. I haven't heard of anything coming out that fits the description.

6. herd_of_turtles

herd_of_turtles New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks to all for the comments. Probably go with the Incredible. Looked it up and it's almost a carbon copy of the Evo. Anyway to get this with another carrier? Verizon's kind of pricey.

7. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Incredible is Verizon only.

Every carrier is coming out with their own version of the Samsung Galaxy S - pretty nice device. jrstinkfish described T-Mo's version, but all carriers have it.

8. dkotoric

dkotoric Well-Known Member

you can always get the nexus one through T-Mobile

iamfunkyz likes this.
  9. Joppie

Joppie Well-Known Member

My gf's renewal is xmas. She's got a BB curve right now and likes the idea of a hardware keyboard. I think the Sprint Epic 4G (aka Samsung Galaxy S Pro) will fit the bill nicely for her. Front facing camera with all the usual 2.1 goodies.

10. ed12

ed12 Active Member

galaxy S (epic, fascinate, vibrant, captivate), incredible

11. Roxolid

Roxolid Well-Known Member

So what you need is a kind of EVO mini ?.
    the htc EVO is basically an android version of the htc HD2, and the htc Aria is basically a HD2 mini, so a no brainer

12. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

You mean 2.2 lol

By December Froyo will be majority