Looking for suggestions

Last Updated:

1. karrieu

karrieu Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all
    Since I am new to the Android family I am looking for suggestions on apps, games, etc that are really good for my new Epic.

Thanks
    Karrie

Advertisement
  2. mosler

mosler Active Member

In the games department I like robo defense, pirates and traders, Alchemy are alot of fun.

apps. get "barcode scanner", "advanced task killer", "astro file manager", maybe a different browser like "dolphin" or "xscope" if you want.

for music you will want "pandora" and "grooveshark", for streaming music. "shazam" for identifying music you hear in the mall or where ever. ".podkast" if you are into podcasts. "astro player beta" if you want to listen to audiobooks.

Thats the bulk of what i have to suggest

karrieu likes this.
  3. candi3188

candi3188 Well-Known Member

I also use shazam and pandora, as well as soundhound, which serves the same purpose as shazam, but a little sharper. I would say definitely try out handcent, which is far better than the stock messaging app. ChompSMS is another that is good, but I find the ads intrusive. Weatherbug for weather, Touiteur for twitter, Photoshop Express, Ebuddy for chat, K-9 mail is way better and more customizable than the default app. Try JuiceDefender for more efficient battery usage and Tasker to automate a ton of things on your phone (although there is a steep learning curve). Also try xscope in place of the default browser. You can get it free for being a member of the forum.

As far as games, I like Slugs, PaperToss, Blow Up and Poke a Mole. Everything I mentioned is free except Tasker. Also, if you check out the link below, it's a thread where users mention their favorites.

http://androidforums.com/android-applications/1183-favorite-app-so-far.html

karrieu likes this.
  4. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member