• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for suggestions...

I'm a truck driver, and I'm in a different truck every day and they don't have radio's in them.
What are my options for music and radio?

Something similar to this MOTOROKR™ EQ7 Wireless HI−FI Speaker System

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=11172
accessory

(not sure that would be loud enough in a noisy truck)

I plan on getting At Bat 2010 to listen to baseball games and iheartradio to listen to music and talk radio.

What is the best way to hook my android phone up to some kind of speaker system?
Would just any kind of radio (boombox type) with a aux plug be sufficient?

Thanks for any suggestion.

I'm a truck driver, and I'm in a different truck every day and they don't have radio's in them.
What are my options for music and radio?

Something similar to this Enter your location (not sure that would be loud enough in a noisy truck)

I plan on getting At Bat 2010 to listen to baseball games and iheartradio to listen to music and talk radio.

What is the best way to hook my android phone up to some kind of speaker system?
Would just any kind of radio (boombox type) with a aux plug be sufficient?

Thanks for any suggestion.

I use DroidLive Lite to listen to ESPN radio for nationally broadcast shows like Mike and Mike in the Morning. It only has a few local ESPN radio stations to listen to, but it works well for me on the way to work in the morning.

A boombox with an aux plug would work. Another option might be to get a tape converter if your trucks have tape players.

Upvote 0
I use DroidLive Lite to listen to ESPN radio for nationally broadcast shows like Mike and Mike in the Morning. It only has a few local ESPN radio stations to listen to, but it works well for me on the way to work in the morning.

A boombox with an aux plug would work. Another option might be to get a tape converter if your trucks have tape players.

Yeah they dont have any radio in them at all, so I would have to get a boom box if that would work.

Upvote 0
I use my Eris in a convertible with the top down - an older noisy convertible at that. I send the output via headphone cable to the aux input on the car stereo. Since it's not much of a stereo I'd have to say that a decent boom box would put out more/better sound than my stereo. Having spent my share of years driving a dump truck, I'd have to say that the Eris and a decent boom box is a sound (sorry, couldn't help it) idea.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones