Looking for the best android money can but

Last Updated:

1. Ibiza

Ibiza Member This Topic's Starter

Hi.
    I'm seeking for an android based phone. I want the best phone currently available (or coming out in the following month) that can work on GSM. I want an advanced and powerful phone.

I saw the EVO which looks amazing (except for the screen). The Desire which is my leading choice right now. And the samsung I9000 which is also great.
    Do you have a favorable one? Are there other choices?
    Thanks alot!

Advertisement
  2. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

The EVO isn't available in Europe, and the Desire isn't available in the US, so depending on where you live, one of those isn't an option. Although the Desire might be coming to America soon.

3. ewingr

ewingr Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that teh EVO is not available for GSM. It's a Sprint phone.

While all us tech types want teh hottest phone, you should be sure about the carrier you want and then start the decision process.

That being said, I'm partial to teh Samsung. Being on AT&T, that puts me looking at the Captivate.

4. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

Honestly, based on this, I think the best fit for you is the Nexus One. It will always be the first to get updates. And despite being months old, the hardware is very advanced (very similar to both Desire and Evo).

Sent from my Liquid using Tapatalk

5. Ibiza

Ibiza Member This Topic's Starter

assuming that I can get any android GSM device I want. Which one is better today?
    Samsung I9000 Galaxy
    Htc Desire
    Htc Incredible
    ????

6. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

Incredible is CDMA.

Hardware-wise, probably the Galaxy S. Fastest processor, Super AMOLED screen, 4".
    Software-wise, probably the Nexus One (first to get updates as it is Google's baby).
    Desire is a really good phone (pretty much like a Nexus One with HTC Sense).

Both Samsung and HTC have promised FroYo updates during the second half of the year. If I were to put money on it, I would probably say the Desire gets it first.

7. sifi

sifi Well-Known Member

The desire is a great phone but the screen does let it down in bright daylight.