• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for the right email application

qbfine

Lurker
Aug 7, 2010
Hi I am a new HTC Desire owner and new to the Android Forums. I hope to get some advice on email applications. I have tried the stock mail application that came with the phone and have also downloaded several others that are mentioned in the forums (K9, etc.) but I have not found one that is exactly what I want.

I do not use my phone as my main email device -- I use my laptop. I have two main requirements for the email application that I use on my phone:

1. I want to be able to control syncing. I want to be able to set the application to sync in the background at an interval specified by me (including only a one-time sync when I request it) on a per account basis.

2. I don't want the application to delete any messages from the server unless I tell it to. I want to be able to download and archive them later on my laptop where I do delete them from the server.

By the way, all of my accounts are POP3 accounts.

Any advice you can give is appreciated. Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones