1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

looking for two apps - sport scores + memory monitor

Last Updated:

1. esapir

esapir Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I am looking for 2 apps:

1. My HTC Desire works a bit slowly lately and i want to check the memory usage of the apps.

2. I am looking for a widget that show soccer scores + tables of my favorite teams.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. glockjs

glockjs Well-Known Member

3. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

On Android devices, what you want to monitor is CPU usage by an app, not memory. Apps that use a lot of CPU will bog down your phone. Apps using 100% of your memory, but no CPU cycles (e.g., "idle") -- will NOT bog down your phone.

There are two apps that monitor CPU well. SystemPanel and Watchdog. I prefer Watchdog myself, but a majority of folks like SystemPanel. You won't go wrong with either. Just don't fall into the Windows mindset that high-memory-usage is bad...that is a prob with Windows, as Windows doesn't release resources when it should but Android DOES. High-memory usage in Android is GOOD.

Read the article in my signature and that will help explain this more elegantly.

Check out Score Mobile.

4. Snipe315

Snipe315 Member

For sports scores, I like the ESPN Score Center app and widget.

The only problems I have with it are setup (you have to individually pick which teams to watch) and the widget often seems to lose connectivity.

5. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Live Scores has a long thread there with an active developer. Unfortunately, no widget yet, but he says that's in the next release, which I'm figuring we'll see in the next couple of weeks.

6. Rambo78

Rambo78 New Member

Hi, for sport scores checkout SportsFreak.
    It is a widget that gives you live scores. No table though.

7. JoeIncredible

JoeIncredible Active Member

If you want app specifically for soccer, ScoreMobile FC is incredible, it has every league you could possibly be interested in. For other sports, I use regular ScoreMobile, although some people like the other apps mentioned, so you might want to check them out (the ESPN app is shockingly horrible btw). But for soccer, ScoreMobile FC is the best ainec.