• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for uTorrent manager and streaming app

abhiroopb

Aug 19, 2009
As I was using Ubuntu for the last four years I missed out on some windows specific software. Now I am using Windows 7 and here is what I want to do with my Android phone.

1. I watch some web series that are available freely on torrent sites. I want to be able to browse uTorrent from my android phone and manage my torrents, including adding torrents.

2. I want to then browse the folder it downloads to and watch it on my phone.

I have an android phone running the latest CyanogenMod (android ver 1.6).

In sum, I want a uTorrent manager and a solid streaming app for MUSIC (mp3), VIDEO (avi), photos (jpeg), and documents generally.

I don

I was in your same situation. I am also using Phonemypc app and use opera internet browser on my utorrent machine at home. I set up opera unite so that I can remotely access a specific drive (you can set it to just a specific folder) and I can download the desired file through opera unite via the basic internet on my phone. Phonemypc app comes into play if I need to do any video converting with handbrake to convert to mp4...should I wish to do so while away from home. I can also use phonemypc to change folders/drives that are shared with opera unite on that computer.

There is probably an easier way...if anyone has one I would like to hear it.

Upvote 0
I use Transdroid to control my utorrent on my desktop PC. just browse any torrent site, download the torrent to your phone, and it will automatically open in Transdroid and begin downloading on your home computer.
As far as pictures go, i use JustPictures!, while it doesnt stream from your home PC, it loads from facebook, picasa, flickr, etc. I personally use Picasa to backup all my photos, so on my EVO i have over 15,000 photos from the past seven years.
Music streaming, besides internet(Pandora/Slacker/Last.fm), I use Subsonic. After a little setup and donation, subsonic allows you to stream your full PC music library to any internet browser or mobile phone. Two gripes though: 1~After downloading new music to your phone(which is very quick, even over 3G) there is no easy way to find the old music you previously downloaded besides by going to each folder again. 2~Music already downloaded onto your phone's SD card has a file name extension of ".mp3.complete" no other media players that i have used can play these. someone could make a script/app to delete the ".complete" i suppose, but its an inconvenience for now.
hope those help. i'm still looking for a video streamer, myself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones