looking for weather with warning boxes

Last Updated:

1. darkcyber

darkcyber Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a weather app that will display the watches and warning on the radar map?

I use the Weather Channel app, Weatherbug, and IMap weather, but none of them display like Tornado and Svr Thunderstorm warning boxes.

TIA!

Advertisement
  2. dren

dren Well-Known Member

+1!!

Wowza....why haven't I ever thought of having this? Now I want it! I just use Weather Bug.... I haven't found any other apps that can provide what Weather Bug does.

3. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean. Weather Bug displays warnings in the top menu bar (option). -Of course, here in NY the "warnings" are freeze warnings, thunderstorms and wind. I've never seen what a tornado warning would be like on Weather Bug.
    I have the paid version.

4. clintiepoo

clintiepoo Well-Known Member

weatherbug elite does this. you have to turn on the layer on the map.

you might check if the free one does too. not sure.

5. Hemorrdrhoid

Hemorrdrhoid Well-Known Member

Weather channel app will play a notification and the status bar icon changes color. You can even pick the intensity levels of your warnings.

6. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member

+1 I use WeatherBug Elite. Living in Texas, I get tornado warnings all the time.

7. photog

photog Active Member

This isn't for the phone, but it's really cool. Try Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground

Load up your location, and then find the radar. Below the radar there is a link called "WunderMap." You can also access a full screen version at the top right of the page.

You can get really precise radar overlaid on Google Maps. I plan to use it for tornado chasing.......if we ever get any this spring. I have my phone rooted. I'll turn my phone into a wifi hotspot to let my laptop access the high definition radar.

You can turn on weather warning boxes as well as individual cell tracking with detailed information such as the speed and height of individual cells.

8. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

yep, I use weatherbug elite and it can do this. it costs, but I think the best weather app out there bar none.

9. empyreandance

empyreandance Well-Known Member

If you're really serious about chasing, I would recommend getting GRLevel3 and/or GRLevel2 Analyst from grlevelx.com and as always, BE SAFE AND RESPONSIBLE! :D

10. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

+1, use the layers to add alert/warning boxes to your map.

11. darkcyber

darkcyber Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks all for the info. I did upgrade to Weather Bug right after I made the post and it does display the warning boxes. The only problem with it is it displays ALL warnings and that gets to much on the screen. Be nice to be able to turn off what you don't want.

12. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

Yep weatherbug elite does. Costs a whopping $1.99. Unless they went up. Put a real dent in my wallet for that peace of mind. Living in central Alabama we get a lot of tornado scares and it definitely lets me know. It even sets off a notification sound when the phone's main notification sound is turned off! The screen shows the warning boxes as well as lightning strikes and other useful information.