looking to buy a bionicGeneral

1. gsr94

gsr94 New Member

Im not due for an upgrade until April. And im thinking about switching carriers b/c my wife has poor signal at her new work place.

My droid 3 is starting to act up. The GPS works when it wants to and 1 out 4
    phone calls is dropped/poor connection.

Anyways im looking thru Craigslist and Ebay, since im not eligible for an upgrade until April and I might switch carriers, I don't want to spend alot of on the phone i might be only using for a few months. I figure to look into first generation 4G phones. I hear good things about the bionic and im seeing it priced at $150-$200.

so i figure to post here and get Bionic owners' input.

thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. thamac

thamac Active Member

We have 4 of them in my family and since we were finally updated to the ICS OS I must say we are quite satisfied now. There is room for improvement such as navigating through some setting menus but not a deal breaker.
  3. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

I still thing the Bionic hangs with the latest and greatest especially since it received ICS. I would buy one for my wife if they were still carried by Verizon.
  4. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

The Bionic is a great device. ICS really made a difference in its performance and it corrected a lot of ongoing issues.

The Razr line was in my opinion mostly hype with their desire to do away with the removable battery that the Bionic has.

The Razr line is now on the edge of of being an incremental improvement over the Bionic.

... Thom