Looking to buy an extra battery

Last Updated:

1. BKBitar

BKBitar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking to buy a new battery for my evo to keep in my pocket so that I can switch it out when my OEM battery dies. I've seen the 3500mah seidio coming out, and I don't see how that would work because I NEED a case to protect my phone.

I'm not trying to break the bank, looking to spend between 20-30, a regular battery same mAh as the regular would be fine, and preferably the OEM, but I can't seem to really find the OEM anywhere. I even looked for Touch Pro 2 OEM batteries but couldn't find any from quality sellers (sites I recognize and trust).

I looked on Ebay and found two batteries and a dock charger for 10 bucks, and I've researched it and they seem to get generally positive reviews, but I'm still no sure about those, as I've heard horror stories about cheap batteries.

So can anyone help me with my search for a battery, or possibly suggest some other ideas or give me some other advice? It would be much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. hawkijustin

hawkijustin Well-Known Member

3. BKBitar

Another chinese battery

4. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

You can find the threads about the eBay batteries here. Many, many people have gotten and posted good reviews.

So....

Listen to what people post here. Or start your own thread to get a different answer??

5. axisofoil

axisofoil Well-Known Member

I've been using those $10 for 2batteries and a charger.... no complaints other than that they aren't red. lol.

They work just as well and last just as long as the OEM battery does.

That being said, I would gladly sell you my OEM battery for $30. lol.

6. hawkijustin

Its cheap and will work in a pinch. Look on the back of your oem battery and tell me where its made.... The sad thing is i would by something electronic that said made in china or Japan before i would something that said made in America.

7. BKBitar

Well then let me ask this: Let's say the Chinese batteries mess up my phone. I have Best Buy insurance...will they cover this?

8. axisofoil

axisofoil Well-Known Member

Simple way to avoid the question... put the oem battery back in before you take it to them.

9. hawkijustin

Then stick your old battery in, take it to best buy and tell them you dont know what happened. They will just give you a new phone.

10. BKBitar

Ok thanks all! Upon further research I think I'm just going to go to bidallies and buy their's for 15 bucks...the peace of mind that it ships from the US is enough alone, and I've searched these forums and the store is supposedly quality.

11. saccityp

saccityp Active Member

amazon has oem batteries for $30 i think.