Looking to get into Android

Last Updated:

1. dvandam

dvandam Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm in the market for a new phone and Android looks very appealing. My Moto Q9h is getting old in the tooth and since developers have all but abandoned WM, and since I don't like all the rules and restrictions that come along with using the iPhone, seems like the Android OS is the way to go. I'll go post my question about WHICH phone to get in the general section, but yeah,

Hi!

Advertisement
  2. miller_nick

miller_nick Member

Moto Droid is the Bomb! Best phone I've ever used. And, I came from 2 previous versions of the Moto Q. Here's the only complaint...and I think this would go for all Android devices from what I can tell. If you are going to sync with your corporate email, the stock email app that lets you do that is not that great. It doesn't sync folders automatically (aside from inbox), doesn't allow signatures, doesn't allow you to accept calendar requests. This was very frustrating for me and it doesn't appear that it's high on Google's list to fix those features (although you can "google" around and see that there are many posts about this as well as request tickets for them to make these changes). I finally made the plunge and bought a $20 app called Touchdown that works great. It does everything you need it to and actually works more like Active Sync does. So, very happy with what it does, just bummed I had to spend $20 to get it to work. But at the same time, with the plethora of free apps I've downloaded, I'd say I've gotten my money's worth with this phone.