Looking to make the switch to droid!!

Last Updated:

1. Got_Droids

Got_Droids New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone, my name is Steve and I have an obsession for everything technology, sports, and cars. As stated in the title I am currently looking to make the switch over to the droid world. Right now I have a Blackberry 9700 and I love this phone but after lurking the forums and reading up on all the things droid is capable of, my BB is now boring to me :p. I am thinking about purchasing a Nexus One to start until the G2 comes out since I am on T-Mobile, do you guys feel the G2 would be worth to spend the money on when it releases???

Just wanted to introduce myself to you all and hope to learn a lot more than I already have!!

Advertisement
  2. jayefef

jayefef Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome.

the G2 would be something to pick up once its released. Unfortunately, the Nexus One isn't being sold to consumers but it is available to developers through google. You will likely have to pick up a Nexus One on craigslist or ebay

Got_Droids likes this.
  3. japostol

japostol New Member

Hi, I'm in Canada and same situation. Been a long time BB user with my latest being 9700. Technology junkie also and started getting bored. I tried Iphone4....i hated it, not sure what all the raves are about and bluetooth never worked! Now have the HTC Desire and it is great! So much you can do on Android. My only gripe is trying to get used to typing on the touch screen, frustrating at times especially when entering a mix of numbers/letters. I have 6 email accounts and can type super fast on the BB physical keyboard. If anyone has any suggestions on typing with these touch screens please share.

I'm missing BBM somewhat but you get over it, especially with Google Talk etc. All my email accounts are hosted by Google so with the Android OS everything just works!

The games are cool on them too! :)

Battery life sucks compared to BB however once I turned off all the widgets and live wallpapers it greatly improved.

Cheers

John

Got_Droids likes this.
  4. Got_Droids

Got_Droids New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Jay thanks for the welcome, it looks like I will indeed have to hold off until the G2 is released. I am looking forward to purchasing this phone as it will be my first android phone.

Yea I myself took the iphone 4 for a spin and I must say that I am not missing out on much since I have an ipod touch lol. As far as the touch screen goes for the G2 it does have a physical keyboard as well so I dont think I will have too much trouble with that lol, but I do have 2 email accounts with hotmail so I wonder how that will work. The battery life issue is expected when running widgets and live wallpapers, I think that is the only reason why the BB's batteries last so long, they are never really running anything major in the background.

5. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Hi Steve - Glad your onboard with the Android Forums - Cheers :p

6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome!

7. HTC-Fandroid

HTC-Fandroid Well-Known Member

Hi guys and welcome on board. :)

HTC-F