looking to rename music tracks any app?Support

Last Updated:

1. lr1517

lr1517 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone I'm trying to organize my music in my moto Droid is there any app that can rename the tracks so is easier to create playlists, find them, etc. You know what I mean, I have astro file manager but I don't know if that helps, thanks

Advertisement
  2. bowtieduece

bowtieduece Active Member

I used a program on my pc its called tagscanner. you can edit the id tag and album art.

There is a paid app call mixing not sure on the spelling, but i believe you can edit the tags from that also.

3. StrifeJester

StrifeJester Well-Known Member

itag from the market works ok too and that runs right on the phone

4. netcentric

netcentric New Member

Part of the problem is the mp3 taggers and part of the problem is the music players themselves. I have yet to find a combination of tagger/player that honors the time consuming edits I make to my music collection. At times the player displays incorrect song info even after editing the tags properly - even though those songs display properly in the mp3 tagging app. The default player does not display tags/art properly. I'm using wikitunes now as my player but still have trouble with tags not displaying right. So still unsure whether the problem lies with the player or with the tagging app. The best advice I read was editing your tags on a computer then copying those files onto your SD card. But I haven't tried that and there's always the problem of corrupting your SD card in this process.

5. docdl

docdl Active Member

6. androidlover14

androidlover14 Well-Known Member

power amp has this functionality. It is also one of the best music playing apps imo.

7. mkae0511

mkae0511 New Member

There is a free app called "Music Mate". U can download music or go to the library an click on a song u want to edit...a list will come up an click on "edit tags". It let's u rename the song, add artist, an album...very useful ! ;) good luck !

8. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

If you aren't opposed to cleaning up the files on your pc, I'd suggest mp3tag. It's free and very flexible... especially for mass corrections. Good luck.