• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Looking to replace Moment

We own both. If you need a keyboard, it's a nobrainer choice. OTH, I thought I needed a keyboard till I got an Evo, then found that I didn't (swype, then Ultra make the difference). The Epic has a better screen, camera, faster processor and GPU. In day to day use, they're both as quick as you need but the Epic will probably be better at graphic intensive 3d games. Now the other side. The Evo is already at 2.2, has a vastly larger dev community, bigger screen, fm radio and kick stand. My experience with it has been near perfect, it's stable and does what I want it to do when I want it to do it. The Epic has a less than stellar gps that is waiting for a fix, presumably along with the 2.2 update. The Epic also comes with Samsung which if the Moment has taught us anything means slow updates and lackluster support. My personal preference is the Evo, even though it's older and somewhat under spec'd. It's the best phone/pda I've ever used. Go to a store (frequently) and play with both. Either way, you'll be happy and wonder how you suffered with that Moment for so long.

Upvote 0
1 more month until my Upgrade. I am debating both phones.

I am leaning towards the EVO (my hubby loves his Evo) over the Epic because I am completely and utterly frustrated with Samsung and how they do things.

If the Epic was made my someone other than Samsung than I'd be all over it.
I hear ya, I think Samsung doesn't care to much about the phones after they have been released, Sprint sure doesn't seem to care.

Upvote 0
I think Im going to wait until January when the HTC Knight comes out (or is it going to be changed to the HTC Speedy?). It is a 4G Evo with a slide out keyboard. I went to the Sprint store and played with the Evo and kind of thought I could do it without the keyboard once I got used to it, but playing with my friends for hours has taught me one thing. I need a keyboard. Im not getting the Epic though. The phone looks absolutly amazing but it reminds me of a glorified Moment which is going to have no updates in about 3 months and horrific customer support.

Google the HTC Knight and you will find a thousand pages about it. I think it said the release date was January. I debated on getting the Bold 9650 for a while but after getting a taste of the android platform, I need to keep it. Im almost positive that with an awesome phone (something NOT samsung, something without bugs, something without data lookups and something that doesnt automatically turn off whenever it feels like), I will fall in love with Android all over again. The OS is second to none.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones