Looking to replace MomentSupport

Last Updated:

1. SirCheese

SirCheese Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Evo or Epic?

Advertisement
  2. Jinski13

Jinski13 Member

I recommend Epic because of the physical keyboard especially moving from a moment. That way there's less transition. I haven't read into many specs on either phone cause I'm really happy with my moment but from what I hear it's pretty even between the two and the question is really keyboard v no keyboard.

3. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

We own both. If you need a keyboard, it's a nobrainer choice. OTH, I thought I needed a keyboard till I got an Evo, then found that I didn't (swype, then Ultra make the difference). The Epic has a better screen, camera, faster processor and GPU. In day to day use, they're both as quick as you need but the Epic will probably be better at graphic intensive 3d games. Now the other side. The Evo is already at 2.2, has a vastly larger dev community, bigger screen, fm radio and kick stand. My experience with it has been near perfect, it's stable and does what I want it to do when I want it to do it. The Epic has a less than stellar gps that is waiting for a fix, presumably along with the 2.2 update. The Epic also comes with Samsung which if the Moment has taught us anything means slow updates and lackluster support. My personal preference is the Evo, even though it's older and somewhat under spec'd. It's the best phone/pda I've ever used. Go to a store (frequently) and play with both. Either way, you'll be happy and wonder how you suffered with that Moment for so long.

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Both phones are awesome, as stated above.

I used the keyboard on the Moment 99% of the time. On my Epic, I use the keyboard 1% of the time. Basically if the Epic didn't have a keyboard I'd be just fine.

These phones are astronomically miles ahead of the Moment. I so enjoy using them every day.

5. dbelleman

dbelleman Well-Known Member

Since I got my EVO I don't even miss the physical keyboard.
    The Moment is kinda like the old beater you had to drive around till you got your first new car.

6. SirCheese

I did pick up the EVO, man, what a beast! :)

7. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Told ya so! :)

8. BamaInArk

BamaInArk Well-Known Member

What about the "Intercept"?

9. SirCheese

Sprint wanted to give me that, I think it's a downgrade to the Moment

10. BamaInArk

BamaInArk Well-Known Member

Yeah after I posted that I looked it up on Sprint. Doesn't even work with 4G. Just got an advertisement from Sprint about that phone yesterday. Think I'll stick with possibly getting the Epic.

11. SirCheese

I ended getting the EVO and wow, what a phone :p

12. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

So far, only the Evo and Epic have Wimax radio's (4G...sort of).

13. indychic

indychic Well-Known Member

1 more month until my Upgrade. I am debating both phones.

I am leaning towards the EVO (my hubby loves his Evo) over the Epic because I am completely and utterly frustrated with Samsung and how they do things.

If the Epic was made my someone other than Samsung than I'd be all over it.

14. SirCheese

I hear ya, I think Samsung doesn't care to much about the phones after they have been released, Sprint sure doesn't seem to care.

15. NYdroid33

NYdroid33 Well-Known Member

I think Im going to wait until January when the HTC Knight comes out (or is it going to be changed to the HTC Speedy?). It is a 4G Evo with a slide out keyboard. I went to the Sprint store and played with the Evo and kind of thought I could do it without the keyboard once I got used to it, but playing with my friends for hours has taught me one thing. I need a keyboard. Im not getting the Epic though. The phone looks absolutly amazing but it reminds me of a glorified Moment which is going to have no updates in about 3 months and horrific customer support.

Google the HTC Knight and you will find a thousand pages about it. I think it said the release date was January. I debated on getting the Bold 9650 for a while but after getting a taste of the android platform, I need to keep it. Im almost positive that with an awesome phone (something NOT samsung, something without bugs, something without data lookups and something that doesnt automatically turn off whenever it feels like), I will fall in love with Android all over again. The OS is second to none.