Looking to take over someones Verizon Unlimited data plan!

1. cnotes2019

cnotes2019 Active Member

I am very interested in doing a transfer of liability with someone who has a verizon plan with unlimited data. Drop me a PM if interested. Thanks so much!! :)

Advertisement
  2. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Well-Known Member

Does Verizon now consider an AOL (assumption of liability) a new contract? Seems to me I saw this in some threads back in June when Verizon was getting out of the unlimited data business. I could be mistaken however.

I'm sure someone knows and will post what is correct. :smokingsomb:
  3. cnotes2019

cnotes2019 Active Member

Everything stays in take when the line transfers over (number, features, etc) doing a AOL. If you or anyone is looking to transfer over their line let me know. Thanks!!!
  4. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

I do think I remember someone posting about doing and AoL and getting the unlimited yanked after the transfer had taken place. I also don't know how much luck you would have finding one because I know the number of accounts that have unlimited are small and most who still have them cling to them tightly. I know I do.
  5. heyeaglefn

heyeaglefn Well-Known Member

Why would anyone do this, I never understand threads like this.
  6. T.M.M.L

T.M.M.L Well-Known Member

Verizon now treats AOL as a new contract, so the unlimited will be taken away.
  7. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

I was wondering when they'd close that obvious loophole.
  8. BrianJB

BrianJB Well-Known Member

As far as I know you can still do AOL's on accounts...many people still do so.

But unless you catch someone whos in a bind, you won't be able to get an unlimited plan for free...they average around $350 on the low end on ebay.

Luckily I bought mine on ebay 5 months before the ip5 was announced...in August the price of unlimited accounts on ebay tripled.
  9. jhawkkw

If that's the case, my account is probably worth quite a penny because there's two unlimiteds left on :D. There's also a 4gb double data single plan on it as well, but not many would care about that.
  10. BrianJB

Right after the ip5 came out I saw people selling (on ebay) their unlimited data for $500 BIN. And they were selling.

One guy I saw sold a 16gb ip5 and unlimited data bundled for 2k., Of course that was right after the ip5 launch so he had the best of both worlds.
  11. xTye

xTye Well-Known Member

Whoever bought that got ripped off.

I hate greedy people.
  12. soulesschild

soulesschild Well-Known Member

Ha. My account has 3 unlimited data phones which also have that old family discount plan of 20 off per line on it as well. We're paying 200 a month after taxes/etc :D

The 20 off per line discount is so significant that I doubt we'll ever upgrade to the shared because there's just no way to match the value even if we were to get 6GB (2gb per line). :p
  13. jhawkkw

Nice :D
  14. ZRock

ZRock Active Member

I may have a line to do this. Its fine if the line is in contract?
  15. JnEricsonx

JnEricsonx Well-Known Member

Not that I have any money to do this atm, but is it possible to just get a data plan line, ie, for a tablet, etc? I already have unlimited data on my phone, but assuming I get a tablet at some point, I figure it'd be nice to just pay 30 a month unlimited instead of having to pay the same for mobile hotspot and drain my phone's battery.
  16. jhawkkw

You can get a data plan, but it won't be unlimited. It will have to be a tiered data plan. Verizon stopped issuing new unlimited data plans a long time ago (July 2011). Tethering looks like your only option for unlimited unfortunately.
  17. JnEricsonx

JnEricsonx Well-Known Member

No, I mean if someone was giving up their Verizon plan, would it be possible to solely take a unlimited data plan from them if they had it and assign it to a tablet?
  18. NYankee

NYankee Well-Known Member

It's against the customer agreement for someone to sell off their account.
  19. BrianJB

No, verizon never offered unlimited data for tablets. I was able to use my sim card (with unlimited data) from my rezound on my xoom tablet and it worked fine, but you are still paying $90mo because you are still paying for minutes/texts..

yes it is, but people sell them, call verizon and tell them a friend is taking over their account, then give verizon the persons name. And nothing is mentioned about it being sold to someone.

I bought my data plan on ebay. Sent the person my name, I called verizon, they had my name in their system, 5 minutes later I had unlimited data.
  20. magdelaine

magdelaine Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to have someone take over my unlimited data plan gratis if that person would be willing to take it along with 2 extra phone lines at $9.99/mo. each. You would have to keep the contract as is for a year or you could pay the early termination fees (each is around $100).

If you are interested send me a PM.
  21. jimmerz

jimmerz Member

I am just now about to upgrade my phone. I am NOT paying full retail so I will indeed be losing my unlimited data. My wife also has unlimited Data and her upgrade is in August.

This intrigues me because I have already accepted the fact that Verizon will be getting me onto their new tiered plan or share everything, whatever it ends up being. I do not use much data so it shouldn't bother me, but I do HATE giving up something that is "unlimited"!

If you "sell" your account, being that I am a family account, it would have to be the whole thing correct? (me and my wife) and ALSO, does that mean I would lose my phone number that I have had for the last 10 years?

Thanks. Just inquiring...
  22. magdelaine

According to the Verizon people I have talked to, you do not need to transfer the lines en mass; you can do an AoL for individual or multiple lines. The phone number is tricky but there are ways to deal with it; especially if you are moving to a new carrier. That's what I will be doing. Long story short though, you will lose whatever phone number is associated with that account when you sell it.
  23. NYankee

NYankee Well-Known Member

And selling your account is against your terms and conditions and if VZW finds out, they will disconnect service and charge you whatever ETF is associated to your account.

And if you "aol" your account, you will lose your phone #, your plan and whatever features associated to your account.
  24. BrianJB

When I AOL'd someones account, I kept his number (obviously because he didn't want VZW anymore).

Verizon has it's own department for AOL's. You talk with them (very nice people BTW) and they set it up for you, and ask you (along with your unlimited data) what features you want...(texts,minutes..etc)

As long as either person doesnt say "I sold/bought this line" you'll be fine.

That would be like speeding on the interstate, then pulling into a police station and telling them "I was just speeding back there"
  25. magdelaine

I successfully transferred my number/account with enough compensation to pay off the early termination fees on the two other lines we no longer need. It look less than 6 hours from listing to completion of AoL! All went very smoothly; new VZ customer is happy and I was able to cut down our monthly expenses without paying exorbitant fees. I have a hard time seeing a loser in this transaction...including VZ.