• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lookout Security on phone: what do people think?

Having the app and GPS running all the time WILL put a major hit on battery life. AFAIK, you pay a yearly subscription for the remote wipe facility too...if you want it.

I got lookout installed on mine, i also have wifi running all the time along with gps & mobile internet.
I can't say i have seen any nit major or minor in battery life.

Upvote 0
Having the app and GPS running all the time WILL put a major hit on battery life. AFAIK, you pay a yearly subscription for the remote wipe facility too...if you want it.
The gps only would be active if requested by the app. I've not had any major drain on battery life with the app running in the background.

I wasn't aware that it offered a remote wipe option. Are you sure you're not thinking of wavesecure?

Upvote 0
Hi all

So downloaded and ok but when I tried to location phone the piont on the map was about 450 metres away !

Not so good when trying to locate a lost phone in the woods !

Is this right or I am doing something wrong ?

Regards

Mike

Maybe your not using GPS but operator's cell site towers to get the location - they aren't very accurate, check if GPS is enabled and try again.

Kezz

Upvote 0
Maybe your not using GPS but operator's cell site towers to get the location - they aren't very accurate, check if GPS is enabled and try again.

Kezz

Ah.........just changed and lacation in spot on.

However does that mean that I always need GPS enabled (as it's a drain on the battery) just in case I lose my phone ?

Any thing that can be done via PC to switch the GPS on ?

Regards

Mike

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones