• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looks like I won't be trading in my Incredible...

So I finally got my Incredible in on Friday and activated it and then put insurance on it, even though I originally didn't want to. Two days later my dad drops my phone onto the driveway and screen is shattered (still works fine, but is cracked all over).

I had planned on swapping out the Incredible for the X since it's release fell within my 30 day trial period. But since I have to wait 30 days from now to make the insurance claim since I just put it on the phone, looks like by the time I get the replacement phone, my 30 day trial period will be over.

Do I have any other options, or did my dad ruin my hopes of going to the X haha?

So I finally got my Incredible in on Friday and activated it and then put insurance on it, even though I originally didn't want to. Two days later my dad drops my phone onto the driveway and screen is shattered (still works fine, but is cracked all over).

I had planned on swapping out the Incredible for the X since it's release fell within my 30 day trial period. But since I have to wait 30 days from now to make the insurance claim since I just put it on the phone, looks like by the time I get the replacement phone, my 30 day trial period will be over.

Do I have any other options, or did my dad ruin my hopes of going to the X haha?

Since you have insurance on it (through Verizon I'm assuming?), I don't see why you can't just tell them you're in your 30 days and you're unhappy with a phone that's so delicate and you don't want another one, you want a different phone.

I'm just guessing here, but I'd hate to think that you have insurance AND are within your 30 days and would be stuck w/ this phone if you're unhappy with it. Go to a VZW store and talk to them.

Upvote 0
I'm in a similar situation. I was planning on just easily selling my Incredible on Ebay but since the speaker blew out, I have to wait for the replacement device. I am going to get the Droid X when it comes out, it's just that I will be waiting to sell my current phone a little later for less money unfortunately. I am going to make sure that the refurbished device is in perfect condition because that's the condition of my phone.

Upvote 0
Besides not having a keyboard, what build issues? I am a picky SOB and have had zero isses with the Inc.... Are you an EVO plant? ;)

I know when it first came out there were a couple of issues people were complaining about. One was a pink hue screen, and a little light leakage on the soft key buttons. The only issue I had was the backing would make a pop sound when I was typing or holding it towards the bottom.

Upvote 0
Yeah the Inc just fells "plasticky" to me. And call me crazy, but I would rather not have an all touch screen phone, when the company that makes the screens is having trouble making them.

And to keep this on topic. I would follow the advice of Steven58. File the claim, get the replacement, sell it for 400 bucks and make my dad pay the rest towards the X.

Upvote 0
Yeah the Inc just fells "plasticky" to me. And call me crazy, but I would rather not have an all touch screen phone, when the company that makes the screens is having trouble making them.

And to keep this on topic. I would follow the advice of Steven58. File the claim, get the replacement, sell it for 400 bucks and make my dad pay the rest towards the X.

I'd try to get closer to 500 for it, as it is a hot item and out of stock. In other words the demand is less than the supply so why charge less than it's worth?

Just my fatherly .02

Upvote 0
I'd try to get closer to 500 for it, as it is a hot item and out of stock. In other words the demand is less than the supply so why charge less than it's worth?

Just my fatherly .02

Isn't the retail like 569.00? I wouldn't pay 70 bucks off the retail price for an insurance replacement. But get what you can out of it. Someone who is tired of waiting for theirs just might be desperate enough to pay it. :)

Upvote 0
Since you have insurance on it (through Verizon I'm assuming?), I don't see why you can't just tell them you're in your 30 days and you're unhappy with a phone that's so delicate and you don't want another one, you want a different phone.

I'm just guessing here, but I'd hate to think that you have insurance AND are within your 30 days and would be stuck w/ this phone if you're unhappy with it. Go to a VZW store and talk to them.

Yeah but if you do that they will ask for the phone and wont take one that is all smashed up

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones