• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looks like the 30fps cap may be lifted possibly tomorrow OTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, they say if you rooted via the Unrevoked method, that root should be durable, no?

that's what I was wondering. I just rooted with Unrevoked 3.21 the other day. I did not flash another rom, I am still completely stock. The only reason I rooted was to run wireless tether. Since I'm still on the stock rom, I should be ok to get the update correct?

Upvote 0
why don't you wait to actually download the update before making such statements?

Sprint Hero also is getting an update; Evo 4G 30FPS cap removal confirmed | Android Central

"Such statements? Please enlighten me. What statements has the OP made that are in any way inaccurate?

There is nothing in the "Official" Sprint release (cited) that mentions anything other than:

-Calendar event edit issue
-Multiple Gmail account sync

However, we all probably know by now that the truly critical changes that come with these OTA updates are neither touted nor discussed. Free tethering is but a distant memory for most. Update at your own risk. I'm with Raekwon on this one. My Evo is not broken and I have no intention of fixing it!!

Upvote 0
thumb_550_sprint-updates.PNG

Upvote 0
"Such statements? Please enlighten me. What statements has the OP made that are in any way inaccurate?

There is nothing in the "Official" Sprint release (cited) that mentions anything other than:

-Calendar event edit issue
-Multiple Gmail account sync

However, we all probably know by now that the truly critical changes that come with these OTA updates are neither touted nor discussed. Free tethering is but a distant memory for most. Update at your own risk. I'm with Raekwon on this one. My Evo is not broken and I have no intention of fixing it!!

you could at least click on the links we supplied, or wait for the actual update to hit

Upvote 0
you could at least click on the links we supplied, or wait for the actual update to hit

I did follow the supplied links. So what?
My question was regarding the OP and its link to the Sprint release, and your apparent discomfort with it. If Sprint is a bad source for information regarding Sprint phones, so be it.

I would suggest that rather than ridicule a poster for accurately interpreting a Sprint Official Release, you respectfully explain that Sprint is not a reliable source of information regarding Sprint phones, and tell us who is... with a smile!

Upvote 0
I did follow the supplied links. So what?
My question was regarding the OP and its link to the Sprint release, and your apparent discomfort with it. If Sprint is a bad source for information regarding Sprint phones, so be it.

I would suggest that rather than ridicule a poster for accurately interpreting a Sprint Official Release, you respectfully explain that Sprint is not a reliable source of information regarding Sprint phones, and tell us who is... with a smile!

What info from Sprint was unreliable or bad?

Upvote 0
FYI...

Just called Sprint tech support and complained about my GPS rebooting and he said he was going to push me the new update. He asked that I power off my phone and wait 2 minutes. Did that and now my phone is downloading something. The sync icon at the top of the phone has been going for the past 5 mins or so.

The rep even called me back a few minutes later on the home phone to confirm I was getting an update.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones