• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Looks like your order hasn't shipped yet."

I had an interesting time getting a second phone activated on my account for my brother.

Here's my theory as to what's supposed to happen. You order your phone, 1-2 days later, you activate it, you're good.

This is not what happened.

I ordered my phone, didn't touch it for a week or two. My brother looked at it, thought he needed to login to my account, so waited for me to be done with college. I got to the phone, went to activate it online. I got the error message: "It looks like your order hasn't shipped, wait tight etc. etc."

Umm.. I'm looking right at it....

Okay, well let's open up chat; they know what they're doing.

I get on the chat, go through it all, it's looking good annndd.....my original phone stops working. "You were trying to activate a second line? Oh, well shoot. Now you'll need a new sim." $10 credit for the sim, $5 for being so patient.

Ugh hassle, okay, okay.....

Got the new sim, new chat guy. "You have $15 credit, we need $15 more for the basic plan." Wait what? I already paid for it, didn't I? Yes there it is on my credit card transactions; here's my order number. "That order was canceled." Oh I'm so confused. But wait, there's a $5 charge from cricket a few days after my order.

Near as I can figure. I ordered phone + plan. Then, my original phone bill came due. Says the computer "look he's already paid for it, except for $5, only auto bill the $5." That makes up for the group pay discount. Now I try to activate the phone, but there's no phone plan paid for; chat guy gets confused, I get more confused. Two hours wasted before it's sorted.

That's a hassle. Fix ur game notch - err I mean website, Cricket.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones