Loopt

Last Updated:

1. andyo70

andyo70 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can someone post up Loopt from the system/app folder? Have everything backed up but that. Forgot to save it to SD before deleting. TIA.

Advertisement
  2. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Well-Known Member

Just download and install again. It's free in the Android Market.

www.loopt.com/android

Several of the apps are like that. They just came pre-installed for convenience.

3. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz Well-Known Member

Pre-installed for convenience, installed in /System/Apps/ for a pain in my "backside".

I can understand having the Metro App store pre installed in the /system/apps/ where users could not uninstall it. But all the downloadable apps are forced on you as well?

This is BS and we should all file a complaint, I already have.

4. mikekelso421

mikekelso421 Well-Known Member

LMMFAO!!!well said mike!!!

maczdroid likes this.
  5. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Well-Known Member

some are pre-installed and "protected" because Metro gets a cut from the money. You sign up for Boingo, which is a subscription service, and I'm pretty sure Metro gets some kind of commission or at least a huge finder's fee. Therefore they don't want you to remove that program... Same with the free games which aren't free, the MyExtras which just seem to be extra ads in your face.

Happens also with PC manufacturers and all the trialware/crapware they install on the desktop of new computers. But at least you can uninstall that.