• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Loose battery clunking around inside the Defy +

Gundam168

Mar 18, 2011
I just bought a Defy + and I noticed as I was tried to shake the phone to try out some gesture movements, the battery seemed loose inside the unit and is clunking around inside the phone. There appears to be no effect on the battery connection but it's just off-putting to hear and feel that clunking sound in the phone like it's broken. Is that normal for the Defy+?

I tried to remove and re-attach the battery several times but the clunking sound still lingers.

Is it the same for Defy/Defy+ users in this forum?

Hi, i got my new defy+ yesterday. My battery is also loose, it is clunking inside the phone when i move it around.
The battery is probably loose because the mainboard (or something inside the phone) is moved towards the screen a bit, so there is space between the locked battery position and the plastic (or mainboard or whatever...) under it.

The moved mainboard has also its consequence, the usb port is moved towards the screen a bit also (because it is attached to mb) and i have a little difficulty connecting the phone to charger or computer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones