Loose Micro USB CableAccessories

Last Updated:

1. kellte2

kellte2 Well-Known Member

Is anyone having problems with the stock micro USB charger. It seems like the metal plug is extremely loose on mine. The rubber doesn't seem to be gripping the plug very strongly and the gold pins inside of the connection are able to move around. This causes a bad charge connection for the phone if the cable is slightly pressed up.

The phone hasn't been dropped and the internal connection on the handset is solid - so it appears like the cable is the culprit. Any chance I could get sprint to replace the cable? I have a longer one on the way from Monoprice just in case...

2. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

Mine snaps in firmly, but does have a little wiggle room side to side. Do you have a spare cable? If not, take it to Sprint and have them check it for you.
  3. You are not by chance using the blue tooth head set charger,that came free with best buy? Here is what happened to me. The free headset like tweaks the plug in. After I plugged in the headset the plug became very loose on everything else.
  4. kellte2

No, I haven't tried that, but I guess that I shouldn't now...haha.
  5. drbgotenks

drbgotenks Active Member

I have the same problem. My phone will charge, but it won't send data to the computer. I think I have a bad usb port on the phone.
  6. kellte2

I think the cable HTC supplied with the phone is extremely cheap. I've never seen a usb plug as loose on the cable as this one (literally the metal moves up and down - without plugging it in the phone).
  7. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

I tried to give my free Bluetooth headset back to the Best Buy rep (I already have the O ROKRs!) and he said he would feel bad taking it and didn't want it back. LOL! I researched it when I got home, it's like last year's model. Thanks Best Buy! I guess they competed with Radio Shack though as RS gave out a $30 gift card along with the phone. My new BT headset is sitting in my closet still packaged up, likely to be regifted some day.. :)
  8. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

any usb cable will work to charge the phone. im sure you have one or two just lying around. the cable that shipped with the evo i am using does not show any of the signs you speak of. could be a faulty cable.. these items are mass produced and such items produce faults from time to time...
  9. Mine works fine but I did notice that when I insert any micro USB plug into it its not a nice tight fit like say on my Blackberry. It is a bit looseish.
  10. DarkManX4lf

DarkManX4lf Well-Known Member

My usb charger works fine. There is some (very little) wiggle room when plugged in but it plugs in firm and takes some some effort to unplug.
    marctronixx likes this.
  11. kellte2

Does the BT headset charger that BB was giving away work on the phone? I don't want go over the voltage, etc.