• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Loose, nonfunctional USB port..how can I save ALL info on my 4g evo?

plecostomus

Lurker
Sep 29, 2012
Hi Gents- My charging/usb port is very loose inside the housing and I'm told that its a hard fix. I have a lot of notes that I've kept on one of the word-entry (diary) type apps that is very important to me. I love this phone and don't want to get a new one. Can anyone please guide me to a good possible solution? Thanks,

Kurt

Greetings plecostomus,

You could try a couple of things.

1. You could try ES filemanager. It allows you to make connections to your PC by FTP, Lan or Bluetooth settings. (I'm not sure how to set these up, you would probably have to do a Google search on it.)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sMSwxLDMsImNvbS5lc3Ryb25ncy5hbmRyb2lkLnBvcCJd

2. You could subscribe to one of the Cloud services like Dropbox, Sugarsync or one of the others. Then you could Wifi your data there and re-sync it to your phone if you have to get it replaced.

Welcome to the forums.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones