Loose power button?

Last Updated:

1. ilh

ilh Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, i've just noticed that the power button on my Desire lifts up a little bit at the back but it doesn't budge at the front. It lifts up about 3 times further than it presses in. I don't remember it being loose like that but I didn't exactly make sure to notice if it was like that when I got it 3 weeks ago so it's got me a bit worried that it may come off.

Is it meant to be like that?

Advertisement
  2. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member

does not sound right to me. Mine is pretty secure in there and, whilst it moves in the space, it sure doesn't 'lift'...
    return it?

3. ilh

Hmm. I'll go into the shop and see if the demo unit is anything like it and see what they say about it.

4. czechplastik

czechplastik Well-Known Member

There was an issue with a power button on a handset when I purchased mine, the sales chick noticed it and without hesitation went out the back and got another handset.

No problems with the current one.

5. ilh

What kind of issue did you have with yours?

Went in to the shop today and the dummy models didn't even have pressable power buttons, they were stuck solid so I showed the people and asked if it was normal which they said it was. Not content with that answer I went to the other Orange shop for a second opinion, they got a new Desire out of a box and with that one you could also lift half a millimetre or so at the back of the button like mine.

Guess i'll have to live with it.

6. czechplastik

czechplastik Well-Known Member

Mine was sticking so when you pressed it nothing happened.

Having played with mine there I can confirm it also lifts by approx 1/2mm at the back, I don't see this as an issue, any physical button is going to have some degree of travel. Try it with the other soft keys.

I personally wouldn't worry about it unless the function of the key is impaired.