Loosing custom ringtones created with stock rincgtone trimmerSupport

Last Updated:

1. Mr.Turner

Mr.Turner Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone else having trouble with custom ringtones being lost anytime the phone reboots. I keep creating them from mp3's using the stock ringtone trimmer (which is an AWESOME feature BTW) and every time I reboot the phone, they get lost and go back to the standard ringtone. I've searched here and other places a few times and haven't found any answers. Hoping someone can help...

Advertisement
  2. BigDaddyLongnut

BigDaddyLongnut Member

I had this same issue and posted it with no replies, I switched to "Ringdroid" from the market and it has worked great..

3. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie Well-Known Member

I would like to know how to use the stock trimmer. I noticed it is listed in my apps but I have no idea how to launch it. I had to use Ringdroid, and that is fine but if it's there I want to know how to use it.

4. BigDaddyLongnut

BigDaddyLongnut Member

If you are in the music app and have a song up or playing and hit the menu button it will give you the option to set it as a ringtone, if you select to set it it gives you the option to trim it witch brings up the stock trimmer..

5. 06Stang

06Stang Well-Known Member

This happened to me till I got rid of ringdroid. Called Verizon about it and that's what they advised in their infinite wisdom. Now I just use a file manager and copy any ringtones i trim to my notifications folder. No more issue

6. Mr.Turner

Mr.Turner Member This Topic's Starter

I had all of my MP3s on the hard drive so I'm going to try copying them to the SD card. I could never get ASTROview to see the internal storage, but it saw the SD card fine. Maybe that is the problem...

7. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

The stock trimmer puts the tones in a folder named .ringtonetrimmer on the internal drive. If you copy them over to a ringtone folder (say, for instance sdcard/media/audio/ringtones) you should no longer have this issue.

Also, in Astro, look for the folder named emmc. That's your internal storage.

Paesly27 likes this.
  8. cdk118

cdk118 Active Member

try ringdroid. it saves your tones straight to your ringtone folder on your sd card.

9. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Just use Ringdroid. Its alot easier and works.