• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help loosing time

I have a problem with the time on my ph, Im doing another factory reset to see if i can duplicate the problem before installing software but i want to see if anyone else has had this problem? my phone will keep correct time for a day or two and then it will randomley start loosing time by 10 or so minutes, ive set the time manually and that didn't work and if i check and un check the automatic time from the towers it will correct it self but again loose time after a day or two. Iv'e had minor issues that i have lived with but now I

i was thinking the same thing, so i called VZW and the guy told me to hold off that HTC is coming out with an update soon, maybe this month and that it was going to fix a lot of issues everyone is having with ICS right now, i did notice if i lose time and set it manually then wait awhile and set it back to automatic that it will sync up... i just bought two programs called tasker and fast reboot to see if i could make something work to refresh my ph.. so i guess ill wait for this update and see if it works and avoid getting a refurbish phone for now

Upvote 0
i was thinking the same thing, so i called VZW and the guy told me to hold off that HTC is coming out with an update soon, maybe this month and that it was going to fix a lot of issues everyone is having with ICS right now, i did notice if i lose time and set it manually then wait awhile and set it back to automatic that it will sync up... i just bought two programs called tasker and fast reboot to see if i could make something work to refresh my ph.. so i guess ill wait for this update and see if it works and avoid getting a refurbish phone for now
lol... if I had a nickel for every person who said Verizon told them "an update will be coming out soon" for something... well, lets just say I would have a lot of nickels.

Not to make light of your issue, it is serious and sounds like a hardware issue with the clock in the device... I am not sure how often it syncs to it's time source, but my guess is only when the network changes, and if you are always on Verizon and never lose signal I would bet it syncs time only at set intervals which are obviously too far apart.

So, it is your choice to wait a while if you wish, but I agree with Smokey Joe on this one. If you have done a factory reset and the issue continues, it is most likely hardware and you should probably get a replacement.

Upvote 0
I had a problem with my phone's time once. I apparently put way too much credibility in it's ability to keep time. I was rushing to get to a city-run office before it closed. My phone said I arrived at 3:58 but when I got there they said they had already closed. I demanded to be serviced. I rarely make a scene but this one got me worked up and I did (using the whole "I'm a taxpayer" argument and everything). I was STEAMED. Got home and found out my phone was a solid 6 minutes behind. No problems with it since! FML

Upvote 0
Well i decided to hard reset my ph since my last post and tried to narrow down everything i was using and what i found out so far is the 3 programs i put on my after a hard reset Phoneweaver, alarm plus and Ringo pro, i found out the Phoneweaver program seems to be causing it, as soon as I uninstalled it everything seem to be working, I've used these programs since i bought the ph when it came out. I've tried another program that does the same thing called Profile Changer and it caused the same problem so i emailed the developer of Phoneweaver to see if they have anything that can help me, i just find it odd that i used this program since i've owned it and now it and the other profile app cause the same issue, i just installed quick profiles tonight and I’m going to see if it does the same thing.. but it makes me think its an ICS problem but find it odd there isn’t any one else complaining

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones