Lose Audio While Watching Video or using applications/gamesSupport

Last Updated:

1. raffyru

raffyru New Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 18, 2009
    I've noticed since I have updated to firmware 1.5 on my HTC Magic that I've been losing all types of audio intermittently.

Example: I would be watching video on my Magic then the audio would suddenly cut out. This includes all types of notifications, alarms or ringtones.

This is very disturbing cause it makes my phone very unreliable. I miss calls and messages and one time or another I overslept cause the alarm went off but there was no audio.

I know its not a hardware issue cause once I reboot everything is normal again. I don't like rebooting all the time to fix this problem and worse you dont realize that you lost audio notifications until you do check your phone to discover you did.

Need help on this. I've read on google forums of several other accounts of this but so far no solid solution. Appreciate any suggestions

2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Hi there! First off can you explain how you "updated to firmware 1.5"? Is your phone Rooted?

secondly a suggestion is to back up your phone and perform a factory reset to see if this helps.

Carl :)